Battery for 100w led

nolumen

Newly Enlightened
I've finally taken on the endeavor, which will be my first and hardest (maybe because it's the first).

I just ordered a 100w led from Amazon, some brand called lohas or something. It comes with a driver. I was going to get the warm white but after reading the reviews I opted for the cool white. It'll take a snailing 4 weeks to arrive. Anyway, now I'm looking at how I'm going to power it. I watched in a YouTube video a guy using a 12v 7amp acid battery. Another vid is that guy using two drill batteries. Looking at it, I thought of how more convenient it'd be to use the drill battery when it comes to recharging (snap in). Since I didn't see much specs on the batteries I looked at (no mAh), I'm a bit skeptical about the runtime.

Would it be a good idea to use a drill battery pack over the acid one? I have an old rugged vector rechargeable flashlight that I'm thinking to use as a host. I believe that one uses an acid battery. Maybe since it has the builtin charging port, THAT option might be better, not sure. I'd like to go with what gives better runtime.

Thanks guys for any help.

Last edited:

nolumen

Newly Enlightened
*Bump*

Nothing? Well, I'll just experiment with different things and see what happens. I'll get several LEDs, I know things will go bad and I'll need to replace it anyways. I'll also experiment with other rechargeable types. Learning while doing it is the most rewarding thing.