Upgrading G&P SW01 Clone with zeroResTwisty

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of upgrading my SW01 Clone from G&P with a zeroResTwisty from Overready - http://www.oveready.com/a-upgrades/...-brass-insert-twisty-momentary-/prod_150.html

Has anymore experience with that or couple tell me if that would be possible?

6abyquhy.jpg
veradu6a.jpg
hepure2u.jpg

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the switch is anything like the one I upgraded with a McCklicky it´s not going to work, well at least not the way it would work with e Z41. The surefire twisty switches have the spring, an upper and a lower part. Upper and lower part are conected with a small pin. The ZeroRes replaces the lower part of the surefire twisty. The switch inside the G&G tailcap just has a longer spring and the rest is made of one part only. So there´s no lower part to be replaced with the ZeroRez. You can only make it work if you have spare surefire twisty innards. In this case you can replace the whole G&G switch innards with the surefire switch innards and use the ZeroRez instead of the lower surefire part.

Eric

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I've taken a SW01 copy apart before and a OR ZeroRes might work. Maybe. The main issue will be sealing the innards enough to make it water proof. The ZeroRes body will fit with a bit of tweaking. You'll see when you disassemble it. The main contact part of the copy has a larger OD on the end compared to the ZeroRes. Some adaptation is probably going to be required. The light will be water tight with the o-ring seal on the contact body but the diameter of the protruding portion going thru the tailcap opening is where it will get tricky. I couldn't find 20mm boots on line anywhere (at least in stock) and had to contact Vinh to sell me some SupBeam boots (they work perfectly) to seal the inside of the tailcap. In short I don't think you will know until you have all the parts in front of you and you put your thinking cap on. Good luck.

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
After a long time I have all the items at home (old Z41 + ZeroRes Clicky).

Does someone have a hint how to disassemble the G&P SW01 Clone carefully without destroying it? Don't want to trial and error...

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
He´s talking about a G&P switch that copies the outer appearence of the SW01 slim but is a bit different on the inside and has no rivet (at least with mine - the pic here doesn´t look much different). I dismanteld ;) mine way too long ago to remember it but I don´t think you can do much wrong here anyway. Pull the innards off and unscrew the remaining part. More or less like the Z41 innards.

Eric

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday the final parts from OR arrived.

I removed the boot, placed the tailcap on a hard surface and "gently" push out the
factory rivet and the plastic upper part.

After that I installed the Z41 kit from OR with the ZeroResTwisty Mod.

Works perfect now...
:twothumbs

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
Found a old weapon light from G&P on ebay.
The newer lights from G&P are now in black only.