• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Raw McLux PR head TVOK DB1000

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD: McLux PR Head, raw aluminum (no anodizing), Lux III TV0K (typical LuxIII, very white, consistent tint from hotspot to corona), DB1000 in an ecan. Head only, you supply 2x123 or 3x123 body. Works fine with Surfire E2/E2e. This head has about 30 minutes of runtime on it to thouroughly test it, but hasn't been carried outside of my house.

If you already have a 5-watt 2x123 or 3x123 McLux, this is a great complementary 2nd head, as it throws further and runs longer.

$110 shipped USA. Paypal only, please. Private message if interested.

EDIT: SOLD.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Raw McLux PR head TVOK DB1000

Bump. Something tells me I won't be selling this as long as Don has his wares available for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

tyler,
Timing is everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Believe me, I know.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

tyler,

I hope and think that you are wrong and I am embarassed to say the least. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif You are offering a bright head with a brighter output and presumably some folks will figure this out! I am confident that your build is every bit as good as mine and there isn't much more I can say about this. E-mail me if you get a chance.

Turt

Enlightened

I've been wondering for awhile... how do the 3 watts compare to the 5 watts in total light output?

Alan Hsu

Enlightened

Turt,

Based on Lumiled's lumen figures, the Luxeon V (5 watt) is brigher than Luxeon III (more like Luxeon Version 3 than 3 watt) since lumen is calculated based on total output. However, Luxeon III does throw (much) further than Luxeon V with the same reflector/optics and driver setup since the former has a brigher hotspot.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

email sent, don.

Turt, I think Alan's comment is pretty much right on concerning the difference between the V and III.

BTW, the head is still available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

tyler,
This comes too close after Christmas for me. Otherwise, I'd be PayPaling you. That TVOK is the whitest I've seen so far.

For those of you that don't have one, this is easily a 100+ yard light. It's a monster.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
McLux head received today.

Here's a pic of it on its temporary host.

mclux.jpg

Thanks!