Fenix TK41 Diffuser Tip Issue

MikeP.

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix TK41 from fenixtactical.com and later decided to get the Fenix AOD-L Diffuser Tip which I bought from eBay.
When I placed the diffuser tip on the flashlight head it was a very tight fit.
The diffuser tip has 4 claws that grip the lens cap screw.
To release the diffuser tip I pryed the claws away from the lens cap with my thumb and pushed them back.
I had to forcibly wiggle the diffuser tip back and forth to try and get it off.
When it did come off it took the lens cap screw with it and stripped the threads.
I was devastated. A email to fenixtactical.com explaining what happened resulted in a RMA number to ship the flashlight back to them.
One week later a brand new flashlight arrived in the mail.
With customer service like that they have me for life!

P.S. I threw the diffuser tip in the garbage. Once was enough!

kj2

Flashaholic
Yeah, that diffuser isn't great! Have used it once/twice and that's it. Almost impossible to remove.
I prefer the filters/diffuser from Olight. The SR51/52 filters/diffuser fits the TK41 :)

eff

Enlightened
I also have the TK41 and the AOD-L diffuser, and have no trouble to remove it.
You don't have to force it off the bezel or anything.
All you have to do is push the top of the diffuser on one side, to remove it.
1 or 2 claws will release their grip on the bezel, and make the diffuser come off easily.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took the front off the TK41? Geeze... I guess just don't push that diffuser down all the way.

MikeP.

Newly Enlightened
I also have the TK41 and the AOD-L diffuser, and have no trouble to remove it.
You don't have to force it off the bezel or anything.
All you have to do is push the top of the diffuser on one side, to remove it.
1 or 2 claws will release their grip on the bezel, and make the diffuser come off easily.

Not in this instance. This specific diffuser was way too small for the diameter of the flashlight. Obviously a quality control issue.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
I have a TK40 and also have that lamp style diffuser tip that you bought. I concur that the tip is very difficult to remove.

It does come off though, you don't need to try to unscrew it, just pull it off. Don't be scared, it will not remove the anodizing.

MikeP.

Newly Enlightened
I have a TK40 and also have that lamp style diffuser tip that you bought. I concur that the tip is very difficult to remove.

It does come off though, you don't need to try to unscrew it, just pull it off. Don't be scared, it will not remove the anodizing.

I did pull it off and I did not try to unscrew it and it took the lens cap with it thus destroying the threads. I regret throwing out the diffuser tip, an inside measurement of the diffuser tip with a caliper would probably show it is undersized compared to the published product specs.

Last edited: