SureFire L5 lumamax takes RCR?

choombak

Enlightened
Any idea if the L5 lumamax can take RCR? I looked around, but found no voltage information on this light. Its the early mode, with KL5 head (not the KL5A). Thanks.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The below is only applicable to the older 6V boost driver as I am much more familiar with that configuration (rather than the updated version which sounds like a very different iteration):

IMO perhaps the option is a single AW17670 if it will fit in your body, if it won't it sounds like the Sony 16670 is also a good option.

The 6V boost driver does a very good job with a single large LiIon, delivering ~90% of max output while providing greatly-improved runtime - ~50%+ longer than two small LiCO's or IMR123's could do.

I do enjoy my 6V L2 with a 17670, as the single cell makes for easier handling as well.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a response from SF Tech Support stating the KL5 head can take two rechargeable batteries.

I doubt the SF tech support knows the KL5 as well as what the CPF brain trust has accrued over the years. As stated, later revisions to the KL5 could handle up to 9v, but earlier versions were only able to handle 6v max.