Replacement Surefire bulbs

Sixgunner

Newly Enlightened
I own a Surefire E2D LED Defender 5/200 lumens and a Surefire E1l Outdoorsman 5/90 lumens. I've owned them for a while and would like to pick up a spare bulb for each but the only bulbs I've found are only single output. What factory or upgrade bulbs with dual output can I purchase?

Thanks!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dual output is not a function of the LED as much as it is the electronics driving it. An LED is either on or off. Driver circuits control how bright the LED is by either using PWM to control how long the LED is on before turning it off again, at least several thousand times a second. Longer on time means more apparent brightness, and vice versa; or Current Control to cause the LED to emit a different amount of light by how much current is supplied. The more current, the more output, up to the limit of the die.
Spare LEDs (not bulbs) identified as useable for your lights will have their own driver circuits that may offer more levels of output. An example would be the E Series LED drop ins offered by Lumens Factory. They offer three light levels, because the drop in contains the LED, the reflector, and the driver circuitry.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a Surefire E2D LED Defender 5/200 lumens and a Surefire E1l Outdoorsman 5/90 lumens. I've owned them for a while and would like to pick up a spare bulb for each but the only bulbs I've found are only single output. What factory or upgrade bulbs with dual output can I purchase?

Thanks!
They use an LED, not a Incandescent bulb.
incandescent bulbs are fragile, when on, the tungsten filament is heated till its glowing white hot, in this state a good bump will cause it to fail.
LED is a solid state device, that is very efficient and very shock resistant, total life is in the thousands of hours - althoug massive impacts may damage the driver circuitry.

short story is, you dont need a spare bulb, just keep a spare set of batteries in your bag/car etc