Bulb ID?

neeko

Newly Enlightened
Good evening everyone!

Does anyone know what type of bulb this is and if there are any LED options with roughly the same diameter and taper?

I've been searching high and low and just can't seem to find one with the correct diameter nor have I come across a replacement screw in bulb.

If anyone might have any ideas and can point me in the right direction it'll be greatly appreciated :D

G3UZoZp.jpg

3ARgrLM.jpg

EFdYWYI.jpg

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
What are the dimensions of the bulb. For example, width between the pins, and length of pins. Thick or thin pins? Also, how many batteries in the flashlight.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Voltage range for the bulb? Give more info. Do you have the flashlight that fits the LA. ?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm,
the Streamlight bulbs (Strion for 1 * CR123, Scorpion for 2 * CR123 - like that HK light most possibly will also be) are in that size,
BUT
the wire legs are 2 mm short.
... could be close to make contact together with that plastic "focusing extensor"

Q: actually there seems to be a led version "usual" with such a head at HK. What is the cost of that insert?
Will be the easiest possibility (for led)

recommendation: switch to a SF body that fits into the mount and be free for any P60 led insert

I wonder, that there are 2 threads searching for the identical item from 2 different users
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-identification-looking-for-a-compatible-bulb
:thinking:

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
PS: for me it is a CATASTROPHIC idea to take those pictures
with a light in the background that has no connection to that light insert at all
:rolleyes:

neeko

Newly Enlightened
hmm,
the Streamlight bulbs (Strion for 1 * CR123, Scorpion for 2 * CR123 - like that HK light most possibly will also be) are in that size,
BUT
the wire legs are 2 mm short.
... could be close to make contact together with that plastic "focusing extensor"

Q: actually there seems to be a led version "usual" with such a head at HK. What is the cost of that insert?
Will be the easiest possibility (for led)

recommendation: switch to a SF body that fits into the mount and be free for any P60 led insert

I wonder, that there are 2 threads searching for the identical item from 2 different users
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-identification-looking-for-a-compatible-bulb
:thinking:

Thanks for the bulb info! It's pretty incredible that there is 2 different threads about the same light hahaha. I guess I missed that user's thread due to the wrong search terms.

PS: for me it is a CATASTROPHIC idea to take those pictures
with a light in the background that has no connection to that light insert at all
:rolleyes:

I can see how that will be confusing. I keep that light on my desk and honestly; didn't think anything of it until you pointed it out.

I'm going to do some SF head shopping since the thread pitch into the body is the same as long as it is male end and not female end.

Does anyone know besides SF that also offers replacement/upgrade light heads that have a male fitting? Looking for a cheap swap since this unit will be on a airsoft shooter.

Last edited:

neeko

Newly Enlightened
a quick update.

I purchased a Streamlight Scorpion bulb and it works! However, the light isn't as bright and do to the shorter bulb, it washes out at a relatively short distance.