Test/Review of Fujitsu AA HR-3UTHC 2450mAh (Black)

HKJ

Flashaholic
[size=+3]Fujitsu AA HR-3UTHC 2450mAh (Black)[/size]

DSC_8338.jpg

Official specifications:
  • Nominal voltage: 1.2V
  • Typical capacity: 2550mAh
  • Minimum capacity: 2450mAh
  • Low self discharge (LSD)
  • Retains 85% charge after one year
  • Minimum capacity: 2450mAh
  • Rechargeable up to 500 times.

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-info.png

Maximum temperature raise at different discharge currents: 1A:+1,6°C, 2A:+3,5°C, 3A:+6,5°C, 5A:+13,0°C, 7A:+19,4°C, 10A:+24,3°C
These cells are high capacity NiMH from the FDK factory in Japan.

DSC_8339.jpg
DSC_8340.jpg

DSC_8341.jpg

DSC_8342.jpg

DSC_8343.jpg

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-Capacity.png

There is very good tracking between the two cells. They can handle 10A current, but as usual it is better to use a lower current.

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-CapacityTime.png

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-CapacityTimeHours.png

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-Energy.png

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-PowerLoadTime.png

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-CurrentTest.png

Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTHC%202450mAh%20(Black)-Charge.png

[size=+3]Conclusion[/size]

These cell has very good performance.

[size=+3]Notes and links[/size]

The batteries was supplied by FDK German for a review.

How is the test done and how to read the charts
Compare to other AA/AAA batteries: Alkaline/NiMH/Lithium

tandem

Enlightened
Although these samples appear to have slightly better cell to cell tracking than those in your Eneloop XX test, it seems safe to conclude these are the same cells as the Eneloop XX 2450mAh cells. Perhaps they'll be available at a discount to Eneloop XXs.

Kurt_Woloch

Enlightened
Although these samples appear to have slightly better cell to cell tracking than those in your Eneloop XX test, it seems safe to conclude these are the same cells as the Eneloop XX 2450mAh cells. Perhaps they'll be available at a discount to Eneloop XXs.

I suppose so as well... either Eneloop XX's or Eneloop Pro's. Actually the Eneloop Pro's, as well as supposedly the Duracell variant and black Amazon Basics (with typical capacity of 2500 mAh), would be a rebadge of these cells who now are the "original" version by FDK.

What makes me curious is... FDK German? So I see they have a German branch... which is interesting because I am in Austria, which is a neighbor country of Germany speaking roughly the same language (German). Yet I've never seen Fujitsu rechargeables in a store, only Eneloops and Duracells (and maybe other rebrands I didn't recognize) although I have seen Fujitsu primary AA cells which came packaged with a remote. Well, at least these rechargeables are guaranteed to come from Japan. ;-)

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review! I have four of these as well, so it is nice to see you review them.

ChibiM

Enlightened

They might definitely be a little cheaper overseas. but the interesting thing is, is that they are more expensive than eneloops, here in Japan.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
………. I am in Austria, which is a neighbor country of Germany speaking roughly the same language (German). Yet I've never seen Fujitsu rechargeables in a store, only Eneloops and Duracells ………..

I've never seen Fujitsu batteries, of any type, in stores in the western USA, even though there is a FDK America, Inc in California.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Available in EU for a reasonable price at 7 Dayshop.com. Web site states that they are made in the same factory as 'Panasonic Eneloop'.
They also stock 1900mah AA and 900 and 750mah AAA.

Liber8

Newly Enlightened
So at some point between 2015 and 2016 Fujitsu has cheaped out on their batteries. They are using crappy washers. I ordered several of the regular white AA's and noticed that the washers were not completely round, so when the cells were wrapped they appear "dented". Also, a few of my batteries came with slightly damaged wrappers. I also ordered several of their high capacity black AA cells and the problems were worse. They are no longer using the blue-ish grey washer but instead use a black plastic washer. This new washer is inferior because when the cells are wrapped it leads to a loose fit around the positive end. The washer does not sit flush on the battery and is buckled up a little. I do not see this on the white cells and they use a plastic washer.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ym0HT

I spoke with a Fujitsu sales manager about this and he basically confirmed that they are using different materials in their high capacity cells because it is supposed to provide more longevity or something. Seems to me they got it wrong and the new materials will just lead to torn wrappers more easily. He also said the black washer is the same thing they have been using on their white cells, just black. This is not the case though.

Last edited: