TN36: How to tell if MK-R is cool white or neutral white

Pa2

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys.
Not sure if this question has been addressed before, but how can one tell the difference between the cool white and neutral white emitters on the TN36?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can just turn them on, and see. if you can not turn on, you need to look carefully at the color of the led die, warm will be more yellow than cool leds, but it is very hard to spot the difference unless you have something in your hand to compare it to. also shade of yellow would depend on how warm the led is, i can easy spot a difference betwen xml2 t5 5k and xml2 s6 2900k, but cool t6 and neutral t5, i can not see the difference in die color.

Pa2

Newly Enlightened
you can just turn them on, and see. if you can not turn on, you need to look carefully at the color of the led die, warm will be more yellow than cool leds, but it is very hard to spot the difference unless you have something in your hand to compare it to. also shade of yellow would depend on how warm the led is, i can easy spot a difference betwen xml2 t5 5k and xml2 s6 2900k, but cool t6 and neutral t5, i can not see the difference in die color.

Thanks alpg88.
I'll try to see the difference as you explain...

ven

Flashaholic
iirc looking at the 4 leds per each mkr,2 are of a different colour out of each 4...........off top of head :)

As said though,tint should be easy enough to tell difference if NW. If you have a CW light,just shine next to each other on a wall/ceiling,the NW will look very warm in comparison.

Pa2

Newly Enlightened
iirc looking at the 4 leds per each mkr,2 are of a different colour out of each 4...........off top of head :)

As said though,tint should be easy enough to tell difference if NW. If you have a CW light,just shine next to each other on a wall/ceiling,the NW will look very warm in comparison.

Not sure what you mean Ven... Are you saying that if you look at at each mkr, 2 of the 4 leds should be a different colour for the cool white or for the neutral white?

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure what you mean Ven... Are you saying that if you look at at each mkr, 2 of the 4 leds should be a different colour for the cool white or for the neutral white?

Yes,iirc i have seen a picture on here,one of the threads and shows 2 of the 4 a different colour/tint.
:)

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
yes i have the nw and it has in its mkr led 2 yellow and 2 pinkish

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
No you can only see it in the firefly mode,hope that helped you . By the way nw has a superb tint overall

Pa2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again. I'll have a look on mine. I prefer a warmer tint but Selfbuilt's review shows a nice 'warm' tint on the CW edition and that would be the best combination - warm and max lumens....