Help a future Arc owner..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I just made an order for the special on the Arc-LSL and am happy to say that I am excited on my future ownership of this product.I have no Luxeons and this will be my first quality light.My question is about the model offered in the special.I know it is a low dome and this is just fine for what I want it for.Can someone tell me what version this light will be?By version I mean is it a factory second or a new light?Is it going to have all the quality of the current Arc LS series with the anodized coating and water proof features?I know that Arc makes quality products and have read many happy reviews so I am sure that the light will be a great investment.I am just a little confused as to which light this is.I know it is not a premium model as the LSP but how does this sale item compare to the regular LS advertised for 114.00 on the Arc website?Is this the same light as the standard 114.00 dollar light with the exception of the low dome?
Well what ever version it is I am sure that this will be the beginning of a great addiction to have every model available.You know how us flash light people are with our toys.Any help to clear this up will be greatly appreciated.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The one you got is a ARC LSL-S. The normal price was $120. The one you ask about is a ARC LSH-S that is now $114.95 is on sale and the normal price was $130. The ARC LSL-S is a 1 watt low dome with NX-05 Optics. I don't remember what I paid for the TSP-2AA (by this I mean the normal price before the sale), but I think it was $25-$35. Your LSL-S has a 10 year warrantee and is not a second. The difference between yours and a LSH is yours has a low dome emitter & the LSH has a high dome emitter. Every thing else is of the same quality,waterproof etc. The 2 LSL-S that I bought had a blue tint in the beam & this is normal.You got a great deal on a great light!!! Enjoy!

Robocop

Hoghead thanks for the reply as I can always count on you to fill me in on the details.I just now realized this special includes the AA tail cap as well as the 123....What a sweet deal this is and I am thankful that I got in on it.
I actually think I will prefer the low dome as I like a light to provide flood more than throw.I plan to let this purchase be my guide to determine if I want more products from Mr.Gransee.I will probably be very pleased with this purchase and buy many more items from Arc.We all know that you can never have too many Arcs.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
If you don't have a AAA you gotta get that.
Then there is the ARC LSH-P.
Then it's the ARC4!!!
Then there will be the ARC5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
If you think I'm kidding just wait till you get your ARC LSL-S /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif
You're going to love your new light and then it'll grow on you. Think about this, have you seen any other light so well liked by so many CPF members?

Robocop

This will be the first Arc for me but not the last.I started out mainly looking for a back up light that could be used to check a small room or vehicle interior if my main light suddenly went dim.I played with a friends KL1 and quickly became addicted to the whiteness of the LED vs the incan.Everything else now looks dull to me.
I do want the AAA LE however actually think I like the AA better.If I am reading correct the AA is the same quality and brightness of the AAA with a little longer run time.
Most of my flashlight interest comes from actually using and having to rely on one for duty.I have however found that there are several lights I want just for the fact that they are really neat or have a certain novelty about them.
Most of my likes could be satisfied for under 50.00 with the Arc-AA,Infinity Ultra-G,and even the Pelican LED on my wish list.I could not pass this deal up however and will be waiting for my new light to arrive.
The only really expensive light I had planned to buy was the Surefire L4.I can get it here local with my police discount for about 95.00 out the door.It is however not available from my source as of this week.This is also a great deal but I am happy for now and do plan to get the AA as my next toy.
Thanks for the help Hoghead and I will post my impressions of this light as soon as it arrives

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both an lsl-s and a lsh-p and and they are both awesome lights. The lsh-p produces a much prettier beam than the lsl but when it comes to day to day practical use I really don't notice any difference. I'm an electrician-in-training so I use these lights alot.

I also own the Arc AA, AAA white, turq, and red. The Arc AA is awesome to hold in the hand and mine is much brighter than my AAA white. BUT, I've pretty much stuffed my AA in a drawer because it is ridiculously hard to turn off and on. I tried lube and even removed the o-ring to see if it was causing the problem but it didn't help. My guess is that something is wrong with the threads from manufacture (nothing obviously apparent though). I wouldn't recommend getting one unless you are sure you aren't getting one with this problem. One thing I do recommend is the turqoise AAA. This little bad boy puts out some light. It's easily twice as bright as my white aaa.

Hope this helps.

Robocop

I do not know first hand the quality of these lights but I have read many posts as to the reputation of Arc.This is why

Robocop

Sorry....I hit enter by mistake...did not finish my above post.I have chosen this line of light to begin my collection simply due to comments read here.How can you go wrong with the price and warranty of this special?...
I will plan to get the AA however I am very picky and if I do not like the fit and finish I would exchange it.Having said that I must say that I honestly do not think that I could find anything wrong with one of these lights.
I wonder if the threads would improve with daily use.I have read of a few problems with the smaller ARCs however it will not prevent me from adding either the AA or AAA to my collection.
I have never thought of the turquoise AAA but the beam shots look very bright.Is this light actually 2 times as bright as your white one?If it is well then I guess I will have to get both......I was just waiting for an excuse to make me feel better.Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.