A LED light pf the near future...

Prometheus

Newly Enlightened
North American Continent, Earth, Sol System
well gang, i was speaking with an employee of a very respected manufacturer this week and they are working on a new LED mini flashlight.

i do not know if they will bring this product to bear, but the prototype they are working on is waterproof and features a titanium case!

while they are not a flashlight company, knowing them like i do, if they do produce for sale, it will blow every other light's socks off!
grin.gif

------------------
Prometheus
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Audaces Fortuna Iuvat"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
[url]www.tripleaughtdesign.com[/url]
Your best resource for the elite class in knives, edged tools & extreme gear.

Also please visit this site:
B.uy S.harp F.orums
Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Knives & Related Gear.
http://www.knifecorner.com/buy-sharp/
EMAIL: [email protected]

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened
Prometheus - didn't John Hollister was talk about something like this way back when on some other forum?

Anyways, this currently secret company wouldn't happen to be a knife manufacturer, would it?
smile.gif

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened
I'm a Flashlightoholic, that's how!
smile.gif

(Of course it doesn't hurt that I also happen to like cutlery and guns!)
grin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by YeeDude on 10-03-2000 at 01:29 AM</font>

Doug

Enlightened
Ok, now I have to ask... WHICH knife company?

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YeeDude:
Prometheus - didn't John Hollister was talk about something like this way back when on some other forum?

Anyways, this currently secret company wouldn't happen to be a knife manufacturer, would it?
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prometheus

Newly Enlightened
can't say for right now, but they do make the world's finest factory knives!

------------------
Prometheus
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Audaces Fortuna Iuvat"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
[url]www.tripleaughtdesign.com[/url]
Your best resource for the elite class in knives, edged tools & extreme gear.

Also please visit this site:
B.uy S.harp F.orums
Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Knives & Related Gear.
http://www.knifecorner.com/buy-sharp/
EMAIL: [email protected]

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Prometheus on 01-17-2001 at 01:08 PM</font>

Size15's

Flashaholic
I remember that thread! That was a while back... So sometime is actually gonna appear?!

I have a long running interest in LED-lights too.
Titanium...hmmmmm

I still want a PhotonII in a bright orange or yellow case which can [or maybe not] glow in the dark - so I can find the little blighters!

One of my PhotonII's little clear plastic switch is broken. Suggestions on how to get a replacement part?
I'm thinking it's cheaper to buy a new one than to hassel around with postage to Photon HQ in the States etc...

Thanks

Alastair

Prometheus

Newly Enlightened
not anytime real soon, but they do have it on the R&D board.

a glow in the dark case for a photo light is a great idea!

hmm, a broken switch? since you live in england, it may better to buy a new one instead of paying postage for a very minor part. if you contact LRI directly, you may be able to have them ship you a new light plus an extra switch. they should fit into a fixed rate USPS global priority envelope for 5.00 USD.