When you get TOO attached to your EDC

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,
I think I finally tripped over into full-out, wife-roll-the-eyes flashaholic territory today when I was reheating some day-old KFC for lunch. I shoved a couple of pieces in the toaster oven and turned it up. Came back a couple of minutes later to flip the pieces over to crisp. I opened the oven door, reached into my pants pocket, pulled out my L4 and started to try and use it to turn the chicken. Didn't actually make flashlight-to-chicken contact but came pretty close.

Of course, I'd like to think I have an excuse. My daughter has been teething and waking up at night. I've been studying for the GREs, etc. But still...

At least I can say my EDC deployment has now truly become second nature. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Wilkey

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, just don't do the same when you're taking a leak! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif 'Bright' side will be, at least your L4 will still be dry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (I know I know... I'm sick and need help...)

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryan,
I've done worse than that. I was at a wedding reception many years ago. My wife and I were seated with a bunch of snobby pharmacists. Well, I though I'd start up some snappy and intelligent conversation so I took a big drink of water and started talking. Uh yeah, except that I had not yet swallowed. Yep. My first words to these people was a torrent of water out of my mouth and down the front of my suit. I think there's a technical term for this medical condition but I can't recall it right now.

Stanley,
I guess I'd be more likely to make that mistake if I had been carrying an M6 in my pocket! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Wilkey

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
Ryan,
I've done worse than that. I was at a wedding reception many years ago. My wife and I were seated with a bunch of snobby pharmacists. Well, I though I'd start up some snappy and intelligent conversation so I took a big drink of water and started talking. Uh yeah, except that I had not yet swallowed. Yep. My first words to these people was a torrent of water out of my mouth and down the front of my suit. I think there's a technical term for this medical condition but I can't recall it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
lmmfao!! @ least when it had to happen, it wasn't @ your wedding.
is the med term "sialorrhea"

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
Stanley,
I guess I'd be more likely to make that mistake if I had been carrying an M6 in my pocket! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Wilkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure sure, that's what they all say, "I have a Maxabeam in my pocket..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Be thankful it wasn't a NLS in your story! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Jus kiddin' man... Oh and next time you're having a drink, unscrew both ends of your L4 and use the body as a straw!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryan,
Ok, I'll buy that. And this was before drinks.

Hehe,
Right on Stanley. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
sialorrhea is just excessive salivation.

I would guess regurgitation, if it made it down part of you gullet?

cheese

ps. But then again, micturation is taking a whizz, so the medical terms are all very confusing and worthless.