help with led strips controller ...

zuhayr94

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. This is my first post in this forum and I really hope I can get some help.

I bought some led strips for my aquarium not too long ago and both their controllers are the rubbish cheapo generic ones that are already on their way out after about 8 weeks.

My question is, can anybody recommend me a controller than can control both static colour strips and rbg strips at the same time (i have both but would like to control them from one controller) preferably one that switch between the two strips so I can change colourand dim or brighten the rbg one and then switch to the static to dim and brighten that one ..

I would be very grateful if I can get any help, it will be very appreciated. :)

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

zuhayr94

Newly Enlightened
Please, can somebody help ?! Someone on this forum must be ale to help me out, really need to know as my current controllers will be on their way out soon.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can think of several ways of doing it.
But first, What power supply are you using?? Do you have the proper amperage? If not, I find that burns out those cheap controllers. On my cheap strips, If they are 5 meter strips, I use 2 amp supplies at the very least.

You maybe could use a PWM controller which may help you. search that. I also have a 12 volt LED timer I put on my Aqua lights.
Also search Super Lights Led and a company call Pixel Pusher, They have lots of products that could help.

zuhayr94

Newly Enlightened
Hi Str8stroke
Tha is for your reply. I am now using a 12v 6a power supply. Could you possibly direct me to something you'd reccomend ?

klosi

Newly Enlightened
I had similar problem, but did not find any solution. I noticed it depends on wavelength of reception for RGB. By tv remote changes colors on rgb strip :D

xfoxx

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. This is my first post in this forum and I really hope I can get some help.

I bought some led strips for my aquarium not too long ago and both their controllers are the rubbish cheapo generic ones that are already on their way out after about 8 weeks.

My question is, can anybody recommend me a controller than can control both static colour strips and rbg strips at the same time (i have both but would like to control them from one controller) preferably one that switch between the two strips so I can change colourand dim or brighten the rbg one and then switch to the static to dim and brighten that one ..

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

first,you should ensure that one led controller can support 2pcs LED strips,then i think you need multi zones RGB LED controller,one RF remote control max 10pcs LED controller.
but if do that,i think the price will be higher.so why not use 2pcs 44keys IR LED controllers,that's very cheap....
one use as LED dimmer,another use as RGB LED controller.....

huacanxing

Newly Enlightened

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
hello, this is my first post in this forum too, i can help you because i work in a company produce controllers. First i need to know your strip type, is it RGB strip or with driver chips? if they are RGB strips, we can control them with DMX controller, if they have driver chips(like WS2811,WS2812), we can control them with SPI controller