LE LED Headlamp, 18 White LED and 2 Red LED ?

roxanerinacarrozza

Newly Enlightened
im interesting with LE LED Headlamp, 18 White LED and 2 Red LED product on amazon, i've read many reviews, but im still not satisfied with it.

anyone can give me more reviews ? i saw it here

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FEGYJC/?tag=cpf0b6-20

o.png

D6859

Enlightened
im interesting with LE LED Headlamp, 18 White LED and 2 Red LED product on amazon, i've read many reviews, but im still not satisfied with it.
o.png

I'm afraid you get what you pay for. I'd save my money and buy Petzl Tikkina or similar. It costs around 17-18 € (or $) and has only 3 leds but it's much smaller, produces almost the same amount of lumens and is made by quality manufacturer. You won't have the red light and 2 modes but who needs a red light that is "Red beam is flashing"? Those million-led flashlights and headlamps are history for me. Just took my old 12-led flashlight to a second hand shop where you can take your stuff to or take something from for free.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, generally the lights containing that many LEDs don't have a very nice tint (basically color) of light, and they aren't very bright.

You can do better by getting lights with just one or a few higher-quality LEDs, so I would highly recommend doing that instead.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
"refusing" the super cheapo and recommending another not much better overpriced crap is not the ideal solution.

ALL the typical headlamp makers are stuck with what they can do best: making great molding forms for their plastic flashlights,
but NOW ... LED lights .. NEED METAL HOUSING FOR COOLING!
That traditional makers like Petzl, BD, Princeton Tech, Silva, ..., still sell lights simply lies in the fact, that the "typical headlamp user" has no clue whatsoever on lights, technics how lights should be constructed, and the price this individual pice of construction should go for.

My recommendation is:
* Zenbralight, or
* Armytek,
* Your small handheld light on a headband-strap
or any other of the new makers You find lights in here.

and skip all that real crap that runs on 3*AAA (or AAA at all), and
reconsider Your battery choice --> first
;)

Scubabixler

Newly Enlightened
Are those lights that you recommended that much better than the tikka Xp for backpacking, meaning lightweight and able to see where you are going in the mountains?

leaderv

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, generally the lights containing that many LEDs don't have a very nice tint (basically color) of light, and they aren't very bright.

You can do better by getting lights with just one or a few higher-quality LEDs, so I would highly recommend doing that instead.
Oh you mean getting lights with just one or a few higher-quality LEDs, that is a good idea, may go to have a try! Thanks! :D

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are those lights that you recommended that much better than the tikka Xp for backpacking, meaning lightweight and able to see where you are going in the mountains?

Sorry I missed this earlier, but I hope this answer helps. Weight is subjective per person, but in terms of being able to see in the mountains, yes, the Zebralight and Armytek headlamps are much brighter. I don't have any Zebralight headlamps, but I have the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm and the Armytek Tiara A1 Warm, and they are both very bright and are enough for walking around on trails in the dark. They are much brighter than the Tikka XP judging by the specifications I just Googled. And in terms of weight, I have no problem keeping the Armytek Wizard Pro on my head for extended periods of time. It is actually quite comfortable in my opinion, but like I said, that can all be subjective.