BD01 with 7135 x 12: 4.2A

echelon

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I recently gotten a BD01 and piggyback 4 7135 on top of the stock 8. The problem is I did not see any significant brightness in the light itself. I must say it is on stock aluminium plate, but even when I just turned on the torch there doesn't seem to be any decrease in the output.

I am thinking if I fry the 7135 during the soldering process OR is there anything that is limiting the current on the driver itself. I have read in the forum that most piggyback 7135 works well but I'm really cracking my head if it is due to something that is limiting the current.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you :D

Epsilon

Enlightened
To be honest, when you not compare the 2.8A vs the 4.2A version side by side, it will be hard to spot a big difference :).

I do not know this light/host, but if it is on an aluminium PCB, not directly soldered to copper, the increase in current by 50% might not yield any higher output anyway.

But the first thing that you might want to check/know, if it is even pulling 4.2A :D. So take you DMM an measure the current. Maybe something is wrong and you are not firing up all the 7135's. Or maybe your cell can not provide enough current, which isn't uncommon for non IMR cells. Make sure the battery is full, otherwise you are most certainly not hitting 4.2A for prolugued periods :).