Maratac AAA Rev 3

Berneck1

Enlightened
I've been thinking I would like to get the copper Maratac AAA light. It would go nicely with the other copper items on my keychain. However, I can't seem to find much on this company. Do they have their own website? I see they are sold at County Comm. Do they make these?

Also, are there any other copper AAA lights sold by a well-known company?

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Berneck1

Enlightened
They appear to be available on County Comm.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Berneck1

Enlightened
Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm always a little leery when I can't find anything about a particular brand, but a lot of people in these forums seem to own one. It is a cool looking little light.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
One cool thing about the light is that being copper, the finish will change with time and handling. I really like them once the patina begins to set in. Of course you can speed that process along if you wish.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
One cool thing about the light is that being copper, the finish will change with time and handling. I really like them once the patina begins to set in. Of course you can speed that process along if you wish.

Or, if you don't like patina (I don't), you can use metal polish and keep that lustrous, new copper shine. Just takes a bit more work.

bartko09

Enlightened
I bought a Maratac AAA two weeks ago and have ran 10440s on it also. Very cool. But I'm a bigger fan of the SF Titan 1A which I got a few days later, moving the Maratac to the back of the bus. Haha!

bartko09

Enlightened
I believe they done recommend 10440. I don't like to go outside of spec in case something goes wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

I know they don't recommend it but it seems to work well as long as you don't run it more than 4 or 5 minutes at a time. Mainly because the d@mn thing gets hot lol

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you run the 10440 too long, it will no longer work with a plain AAA or Eneloop. For short term use the 10440 works great(except it voids the warranty). My solution is to have a few, one 10440, one AAA, and one with Eneloops. Shiny, mild patina, whole lotta patina...

Burnt_Umbra

Newly Enlightened
Just to answer a question from the original post. As near as I can figure MaraTac makes things for the government and*
CountyComm sells these items to the general public. They are not the same company but I suspect the principal actors share the same name. While I'm here let me recommend their delrin battery capsules. A single spare battery in the opposite pocket from my flash light seems to balance me out so I don't walk with a limp. B_U

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the Maratac AAA Copper thread.

They had 1100+ units in stock a month ago.

They now have 770 units in stock.

They make a batch then sell them until they are out.

This could be the very last batch ever for all we know.

15854921182_769a13e72d_c.jpg

The ketchup thing didn't seem to work for me.
Then a jeweler gave me a Sunshine Polishing Cloth.
Night and day difference.
Here is how much my Copper Worm cleaned up.

16022009495_1f6b916580.jpg

Last edited: