Can anyone compare the new Surefire Titan A light with the new Fenix E05 light?

busseguy

Enlightened
I currently have one of the new Fenix E05 85 lumen AAA lights on my keychain but was considering buying the new Surefire Titan A AAA light to replace it.

I was wondering if anyone had both and could tell me if the Titan A could throw at least the same distance as the E05? Also is the flood much wider on the Titan A versus the E05?

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I would surely appreciate a beam comparison between the new Titan A and the D25aaa, thank you.

LetThereBeLight!

Stainz

Enlightened
I bought both the Titan A and the E05 within days of each other. The throw may be slightly better with the E05, but the spill of the Titan A makes it more useful for up close use. Both are neutral in color. The E05 is slightly shorter - and will tailstand - the Titan A won't. The E05 takes anything with AAA on it - my Titan A is very picky and won't take 'Ultimate Lithiums'. The E05 has a lower 'Low' - and a 'Medium', too - a plus. On 'High', the Titan A is higher, but it is hard to discern if it really is. I was disappointed with the Titan A - mostly due to the battery fit - and I am a Surefire fan. I liked the E05, but lost it within hours to the CEO (She did let me borrow it for a comparison... and made sure that she got hers back!). Of course, the street price is a real comparison - you can have three E05's for what the Titan A cost. Oh... I'll admit it - my 'old' Titan T1a spoiled me - I expected more simply due to the 'Titan' name.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainz, if you're having issues with lithium batteries contact Surefire, maybe they can get you a new body. They have changed the internal dimension of the bodies so that lithium batteries fit now. The output of mine blows away any other AAA light I've seen and there are some good beamshots in the Titan-A thread comparing the E05 to the Titan-A and the Titan-A blows everything else away in overall output. Maybe you got a bad unit.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Surefire-Titan-A-(1*AAA-15-125-lumen)/page21

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainz, if you're having issues with lithium batteries contact Surefire, maybe they can get you a new body. They have changed the internal dimension of the bodies so that lithium batteries fit now.

Is this statement fact from Surefire, or conjecture from you?

Some of the original units shipped to CPF-ers fit all cells, while others did not. It still may be a case of production variance.

jds1

Newly Enlightened
Is this statement fact from Surefire, or conjecture from you?

Some of the original units shipped to CPF-ers fit all cells, while others did not. It still may be a case of production variance.

I'll called Surefire earlier this week. I was told to send the entire light back as they have made corrections to both the body and head. The guy I spoke to said that he was not allowed to give me specifics about the fix. He said turn around time would be ~ 2 weeks.

Jeff