Cabnet Lighting

Pdwight

Newly Enlightened
Hi , I currently use a under cabnet lighting for several storage safes that I maintain. I was thinking about changing out the very expensive T3 10 Watt halogen lamps currently in use to some form of LED. The current T3 lamps only last about 4 months and I was thinking that a 1 Watt Luxeon Star module would put out as much light and have a much longer life span. The ammount of light is not really an option as long as it illuminates a square foot of space below. the voltage should not be a problem. I also have a pretty good shop both mechanical and electronic. I guess what I am asking is their another LED that has light output similar to the Luxeon star 1 W that costs less ??

Thanks
Dwight P

Illuminated

Enlightened
I've seen LED low-voltage lighting for curio cabinets, etc. at Walmart, made by GE, for about $24.95.

A walwart-looking power unit, with a brown flexible cord and (5) white LED's that looked like the spyder LED's. LEDs were spaced at something like one-foot intervals.

John

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
I purchased the GE LED light about 10 months ago, wasn't very bright, and tje LED's were not uniform brightness or tint. I returned it.

You might try one. It is possible I got one of the first ones made. WalMart took it back no problem. Just save you receipt & package.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Pdwight said:
I was thinking about changing out the very expensive T3 10 Watt halogen lamps currently in use to some form of LED. The current T3 lamps only last about 4 months and I was thinking that a 1 Watt Luxeon Star module would put out as much light and have a much longer life span.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's realistic goal to expect a one Watt LED to give anywhere near the light a ten Watt halogen does, more like a tenth. If that's enough for your needs, the LS may be the call. It should be fairly easy to justify the expense based on not needing three bulbs per year.....

Doug Owen