Flashlight stores in LA area

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi there,

first of all, i apologize if i started this thread in wrong sub forum. I'll be in Califorina for a few weeks and I am planning to stay in LA for a few days. I really want to treat myself with some nice flashlight (Surefire) which are usually pretty expensive and hard to get in Europe. No shipping and customs charges is just another bonus. Where are the stores in LA with nice selection of Surefire and other flashlights that have reasonable prices and helpful employees?

Thanks,

B

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefire is based in fountain valley, which is in orange county, which is the neighboring county to the south of LA. its about a 40 minute drive from downtown LA. if you are staying around LAX airport, itll be much closer, since LAX is located in the southern part of LA, and is no more than 15 minutes to orange county.

some cutlery stores will carry surefires. Plaza cutlery in orange county carries lots of high end knives, and some surefires.
theres another cutlery store i go to named Advanced Cutlery which sells surefires, fenix, klarus, and maybe some other brands.

another option might be to check out tactical or gun stores that cater to law enforcement. i knew a guy that buys all his surefires at a gun shop by the police department.

sporting goods stores might have surefires, but their selections are usually very limited

as far as prices, you will be looking at MSRP or close to it for surefires.

Last edited:

pulstar

Enlightened
Thank you! :twothumbs But is it possible to buy SF lights at the factory site (do they have some kind of store)?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure, you can always give them a call and ask. i do remember another member was able to arrange a tour of the factory.

Ugly Dude

Newly Enlightened
Very nice people at Plaza Cutlery in Orange County. Can't recall if they have SF, though.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Very nice people at Plaza Cutlery in Orange County. Can't recall if they have SF, though.
Plaza had a falling out of some kind with Surefire, the onetime closest dealer to the factory, Dan, the owner, never stated what happened other than he would not deal with them anymore.

Sad, I loved buying my lights there, they always had the latest, and it was not the internet either. However, you should go to Plaza anyway one of the last great knife shops left!