Does a Fenix UC35 handle strong vibrations?

drmaxx

Enlightened
I missed quite a few years of flashlight development. Need a new all purpose light and are very attracted to the Fenix ue35. Easily rechargeable and bright. One of the intended uses would be to use it on a road bicycle. Lot's of vibration for several hours a week including rain and all the other nastiness the weather can throw at it. Does anybody have an assessment how the fenix would handle this treatment?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the UC35 will handle it just fine. If you are super worried about it get the Fenix brand 3400mah 18650. The Fenix cell has a low wide button top meant for lights going on guns. It will NOT lose contact with its low wide button top.

drmaxx

Enlightened
Thanks CelticCross! Not too worried. Just wanted to see, if anybody encountered some issues already. I was also fishing for issues around the pcb mounting. But it seems that there are nor worries about that in the community.
Off I go and order....

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess any lights that are rated for drops should be able to handle vibrations on bicycles. I have tried a few lights, although not Fenix, but they have all performed flawlessly. I think you should not have an issue. Why not buy one of those dedicated bike lights?

drmaxx

Enlightened
Why not buy one of those dedicated bike lights?
I already have a primary light, but would like to have a second light that I also can use as a ordinary flashlight. Additionally, I would like to standardize my spare battery pack. So far I had a 2xAA light (Quark) and a spare battery pack. But I would like to go with a USB power bank that can charge my other electronics AND provide a backup for my flashlight. And the UE35 just looks perfect....

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
UC35 is an amazing USB rechargeable light. Depending on power source youre getting 860-1020 lumens before step down. UC35 is an inch longer than PD35 to make room for the USB. That extra inch behind the head provides superior heat sinking. Look closely at the UC35 right behind the head and youll notice the very cleverly designed low wide and thick cooling fins. The built in charger is outstanding.