Turbo head for my 9p???

Eagle1

Newly Enlightened
Do any of you have a turbo head assembly on your 9P light. I would like to see a picture if possible, and know if it is worth the extra expense to get one for my light. Thanks...

Mr HG

Enlightened
Here is my Surefire 9P with the 3" turbohead.
Its one of my favourites. It throws very far with the N2 Lamp assembly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

f9f25ee4.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for posting the photo Mr HG!

I believe that is the first time I've ever seen this combination - new 9P with T2 aka 9PT.
I am rather impressed!
How do you keep it so clean and bright?
That is a very good combination. The T2 is an excellent beam. The only trouble is carrying the 9PT (which is what that combination is)

The SRTH will give you almost as good performance and save you some carrying bulk.

You can put a BeamFilter on the T TurboHeads though, but not on the SRTH (the FM2x look nasty on the SRTH IMHO)

Excellent!
Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr HG

Enlightened
Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Well ever since I started buying surefires, about 4 years ago, I've always wanted to get a hold on one of those almost antique 3" bell T-heads. Lost an auction on ebay, but catdaddy sold me one of his along with the N2 LA.
I keept it shiny and clean by using a Lenspen and a soft cloth, give it some lube every once and a while. Just as I do with my other lights. Since the surefires are quite expensive I handle them with care.

Comparison pic. left to right - T2 (3"), KT4 (2.5"), 9P bezel

f9f22cf7.jpg

Eagle1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all of you that responded. I am really starting to salivate at these turbohead assemblies. I have made up my mind, and will be getting a turbohead version.
Heres my problem, are the newer surefire turboheads as good as the older 3 inch versions?? And if not, how in the hell will I find the older versions?????

rlhess

Enlightened
FWIW, I measured 16,000 cd peak out of a new KT4 turbohead and 15,000 cd peak out of my SRTH turbohead. Both are 2.5 inch heads.

Cheers,

Richard

Eagle1

Newly Enlightened
Can anybody tell me the differences between the older turboheads and the newer ones. I am getting so frustrated with this, I might as well just buy an M3T, and just forget it...