Waiting for two old Surefire

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it's right at 4 V that the circuit cuts off. So you may get some output, very briefly. Soshine LFP cells are going to be your best bet. Or K2 if you prefer but the soshine are easier to get. I'm not sure what it's like with other colors, but I know that with my red secondaries, you can really see them in the main beam if you're using IMR cells. I'm not saying it's going to damage them long-term I have no idea, I just know that it makes them too bright. With the LFP cells they are brighter than with primaries, but not by much. But the nice thing is they stay that same output from fully charged to dead just because of how flat the discharge curve is of that chemistry.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice thing about the aftermarket rings like Koala is.. if it does actually burn out one of the LED's at one point, you can easily replace it.

But again with IMR's and RCR's I haven't had the experience of any burning out, including the stock ring which I ran for a long time before I got the Koala. Those were white LED's. When I put the Koala in I put in red LED's. No problems with either.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this reminds me why the A2 is pretty much the only ~consumer grade SureFire from that era that I've never owned. :p
Why? It's the best one they ever made. And the only one that can take rechargeable cells. And I don't mean like a p90 is a 6p with 16340. But with the proper sized cells with the proper host and proper lamp. It has the most cell options

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Price was equivalent to 182 usd for both including freight, not a bargain but I hope it was ok.
For both of them, brand new? Definitely sounds like a bargain from here. I never really got into Surefire, and with that said, will never get rid of my E1e, E2E or E1L.

Additional trivia: the E2E is the only standard Surefire I ever bought brand new.

paulyg

Newly Enlightened
I am carrying one of my E2E's today. I have a lumens factory drop-in in it and it is still one of my favorites!!
Which LF module? How does that perform outdoors with limited to no ambient or surrounding light relevant to throw and spill?
Thanks!
Paul