I lost an MT06, now looking for an EDC penlight with "the strongest pocket clip".

grndslm

Newly Enlightened
I lost an MT06, now looking for an EDC penlight with "the strongest pocket clip".

I liked the Nitecore MT06 penlight a lot. It was incredibly bright and thin, so I was carrying it every day... for about a week. I lost it far too soon and am now looking for a more suitable replacement.

For pocket clips' comparison's sake.... I have a Leatherman Freestyle CX knife/pliers multitool. I carry it inside my waist band. I have kept it there, even when dropping my pants to do #2 in the bathroom probably several hundreds of times. This knife has NEVER fallen off my pants, even when being flung upside down. Is there a penlight with pocket clip that has a similar strength?!?

:help:

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Re: I lost an MT06, now looking for an EDC penlight with "the strongest pocket clip".

I would recommend the Thrunite Ti4 Penlight. It comes with the option of CW or NW tint and the pocket clip is sturdy but a bit tight. It could work for you.

grndslm

Newly Enlightened
Re: I lost an MT06, now looking for an EDC penlight with "the strongest pocket clip".

I ordered a Thrunite Ti4, a Thrunite TiS (stainless version of Ti3) since I watched it drop before my eyes to only $20 on Amazon, and what I think will actually become my EDC light.... the Pelican 1910. :)

The 1910 isn't the brightest, but I think it's "high carbon steel" clip will end up being the strongest of them all. Hopefully I'll be able to attach it to my belt or waistband and never have to worry about it falling off.

I really wish that Leatherman made lights with their clip. It's amazing that I've worn this thing for years and it is still just as tight as the day I got it. I'd guess it's a "high carbon steel", as well. Which brings me to another note. Why do people want Titanium clips? Titanium is a weaker metal compared to stainless steel, at least when given the same volume constraints. A clip is something that needs to be strong, not light. :thinking:

dss_777

Enlightened

I think the design of the clip matters a lot more than the material. My Sebenza has a titanium clip, and it functions exceedingly well.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

CPFer Julian Holtz made some out of bicycle spokes. I get the feeling that's a heck of a lot stronger than most (all) stock clips.