LED flashlight holds 4 AAA with Cree

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might check Coast's line up

The HP7 runs 4 AAA batteries and I believe it uses an XP-G2 emitter. And at 360 lumens, it's about as bright as you ate going to get from AAA batteries. But at around $75, it's not too cheap.

harro

Enlightened
LL P7 ( Coast ) with Eveready 900mAh NiMH rechargeables gives me about 90 minutes on high. My P7 is the 205 lumen version. Noticible dimming with these torches due to lack of regulation, although they may be better these days, I don't really know?! As much as people seem to dislike them, there's a lot of them in service. Ask a camper or caravanner what they use, and LL/Coast brand pops up pretty regularly.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coast HP14 I have is great. Well made, durable, simple, love the spot - flood ability, and with eneloop rechargeables I get good runtimes for a light with poor regulation. I used to not have any use for coast because I thought they were an over priced hardware store light but after using my hp14 I changed my mind. Yes some of their models are over priced IMHO for what they are but their AAA and AA lights are far prices for the lights, at least last time I checked on prices.

And if you get tired of it the way it is FRITZHID has a nice mod set up for them.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coast HP14 I have is great. Well made, durable, simple, love the spot - flood ability, and with eneloop rechargeables I get good runtimes for a light with poor regulation. I used to not have any use for coast because I thought they were an over priced hardware store light but after using my hp14 I changed my mind. Yes some of their models are over priced IMHO for what they are but their AAA and AA lights are far prices for the lights, at least last time I checked on prices.

And if you get tired of it the way it is FRITZHID has a nice mod set up for them.

Indeed I do! :) Ty tac

harro

Enlightened
What do you think of LED Lenser?

Led Lenser and Coast are essentially one and the same. Coast used to be what you would buy in USA, where these days, they are available pretty much anywhere. I dont know if Coast have access to all LL's designs, but certainly the common and most plentiful ones, they do. The P7 for sure ( 4 AAA ).

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast

HP14 is a AA light. The HP7 is their AAA light.