Your favorite "Beam Pattern"... comes from which flashlight / emitter?

grndslm

Newly Enlightened
Completely subjective. We're talking about YOUR favorite beam pattern. And I'm sure most of you won't be able to focus on just one, but try. ;)

P.S. -- Pics wanted. :D

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the TIR found in many Surefires is easily mine. My edc for the last 6 or 7 years has been an E1B then EB1. My duty light was always LX2.

The nice hotspot and generous spill is just the right amount of each for me.

nbp

Flashaholic
Prometheus Alpha, MC-E with Ledil Boom
Legacy HDS with SSC P4
BitZ with SSC P4

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
A wide flood (150+ degrees) with a gentle hotspot and seamless transitions that fade into each other, aka the "tube" light pattern such as my olight S30R. I wish it were a bit floodier though..no experience with a large emitter light. they are probably what I would better prefer. do you guys have accurate to the eye beamshots of those beam profiles of the lights you speak of?

Last edited:

grndslm

Newly Enlightened
A wide flood (150+ degrees) with a gentle hotspot and seamless transitions that fade into each other, aka the "tube" light pattern such as my olight S30R. I wish it were a bit floodier though..no experience with a large emitter light. they are probably what I would better prefer.
When I first came to this forum, I only wanted a floody light. I loved the Coast lights that removed the hotspot (everybody here hated them since they weren't regulated)... but now I think I prefer flood AND a "tight", clean hotspot (no fading), since it covers all the bases. And of course, I prefer lights with regulated current as well.

do you guys have accurate to the eye beamshots of those beam profiles of the lights you speak of?
I agree!!
11198-1263950539-69873955db6d4717415ce667f3b0d2b8.gif