I like my Lambda Micro Illuminator!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently got this light. Last night, I was doing some work in a warehouse. After I was done, I went to a section that was dark. For such a small light, the Micro Illuminator really lit the place up! All that light from one single AAA battery!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
I carry mine pretty much every day. I changed out the reflector for a polished one from a AAA MMag, made quite a difference in throw.

A nice little light, expensive though.

Al

drs2000

Newly Enlightened
Bought one here used. It's my fav EDC for medium work and pretty much what I'm reaching for automatically. Nice in a dark attic chasing (mis(wires!!

Wonderful tool..

drs

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that this light uses a low fV LED, and it is perhaps somewhat underdriven? Other than replacing the AAA from time to time, this flashlight SHOULD last a good long while, I would think.

Yes, expensive is another word to describe it. My wife didn't like the cost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

It replaced my Arc AAA in my left front pocket, though. That's the only bad part about owning this [well the price also]. I don't want to carry both, and the Micro Illuminator does a better job at lighting the area. I don't put them on the key chain because I don't want my keys to put scratches on any of my flashlights.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to obtain one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orion,
I love mine...it is insane the output of the little beast considering what it is running. From what I understand, the R3J Luxeon runs at 155mA or 44% of its normal rating. You have to love the ultra-high binned Luxeon Lambda uses to bring the brightness up.
Mine is in a little tool pack I carry around at work. When I want dim, I reach for the keychain Arc AA...right pants pocket for the medium bright Lambda Micro Illuminator...right belt for BB500 R2H Fraen when serious brightness is needed.
Photon output VS size, the Micro wins very easily. My Micro will be used as long as it will run!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes! Nice white color of it! As far as how long it will last, I guess it will depend on how long the module part will hold out. Since the LED is well under it's normal rating, the LED should last for MANY years. An excellent pocket light, for sure!