HDS Mods, what did you do to yours?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Presently, I have two Rotary's. A 250, which will remain stock. Really like the beam profile, and (cool white) tint. I'm drifing away from neutral to warm tint LED's. So, the other started out as a 200. Sent it to Wayne to do a Nichia 219 neutral swap, a ways back. However, after talking to Wayne about a XPG2 S4. I decided to try out / ad a different beam patter / profile to the mix, so he's installing a XPG2 PDTc, for both the throw, and tint.

So what did you do to yours?

Pops

Last edited:

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
-250 rotary "downgraded" to hi-cri xp-g for a friend few days ago, these former xp-g's with the nice waaaarm tint tend to be hard to find today... plus now he has a 24 levels hi cri xp-g1 !

t8c8riF.jpg

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
-250 rotary "downgraded" to hi-cri xp-g for a friend few days ago, these former xp-g's with the nice waaaarm tint tend to be hard to find today... plus now he has a 24 levels hi cri xp-g1 !

t8c8riF.jpg

Nice, I wish I could do stuff like that!

Pops

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Man, Oh, Man! Is that 200 a Rotary? If it is, dats what I needs! How much would you charge me to do that to mine?

Pops

It was a clicky :-( Having done the mod once I now know what a pain it is. Emitter swap I'd probably do again, but the 18mm job was not fun.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a clicky :-( Having done the mod once I now know what a pain it is. Emitter swap I'd probably do again, but the 18mm job was not fun.

Got yah, thanks fur the quick response! ... :thumbsup: .... Using my light fur work, dependent on how much / long I'm running the light. The step down, happens somewhere around 03:00, give or take an hour or so. I'm fortunate that I work out of my motor home, so changing the battery is not a problem, but more of an annoyance. Especially when I have / looking at 8 practically brand new AW IMR 18350's. Bummers! .... :laughing:

Henry asked the folks, re. the different battery compartment configurations. I guess he figured there wouldn't be enough (geez, whats the word I'm looking fur), to manufacture the 18350 Rotary battery compartments.

Pops

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
thethreeamingos1.jpg

The black has a high CRI LED from Henry.

The orange and titanium have had XML LED upgrades!

All we needs to figure out now, is how to make clear aluminum. Would be cool to have an HDS, resembling your x-ray'ed HDS! ....

.... Cept for the reflector and bezel of course. Bezel's SS, ... nevur mind.

Pops

Last edited:

4rmless

Newly Enlightened
Does this count:

Novatac with triple Nichia 219, RPM Ti bezel and Darksucks Ti clip.
892F5A1D-6FC8-42C5-98A7-EB99BADA3ACD_zpsj9hfhili.jpg

Give me another day and it will have trits and glowy stuff, another 2 and it will run 18650.