Vancouver's Facination With an LED Xmas

mekki

Newly Enlightened
Vancouver\'s Facination With an LED Xmas

This story was on the front page of the paper here today. The lights are all over the trees downtown and do indeed look pretty spiffy.

I'm assuming these are the ForeverBright lights. Are these still somewhat available down in the States? If so, I may just have to help satisfy the LED craving hordes
wink.gif

ab

Enlightened
Re: Vancouver\'s Facination With an LED Xmas

Not quite EVERYONE doesn't have them in Vancouver... :>

The story in the paper is no exaggeration at all. These lights have really created a stir here in Vancouver. We live in the area and my wife saw those lights on Granville St. last weekend when were down there taking a walk.

Wow - she was impressed (so was I for that matter) and she didn't stop commenting on how nice they looked, how many different ways they were being used by the retailers in their displays, how BC Hydro was just teasing the city with these - how everyone was going to want them but not be able to get them, etc. etc.

It didn't take too long for this to sink into even my thick head - here is an exotic light product that she really LIKES and WANTS. Now *that's* a step in a good direction!

So, in stealth mode after she'd gone to sleep I did some internet searching - sure enough, the ForeverBrights are not available at all in Canada and pretty well sold out all through the USA.

Some Ebay dredging managed to crop up a seller who had them previously. After a few emails back and forth it came out that he was getting a few more sets. So it all came together and I managed to get 4 sets of them for my wife. They were sent today and should arrive by the end of the week.

I still haven't told my wife - but for sure she'll be delighted. (So will I for that matter - I hate crummy Christmas lights and the endless hassling with them and their nasty little bulbs, etc.)

Whoops, better be sure not to reveal my address...

:>

A.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Vancouver\'s Facination With an LED Xmas

The idea of LED Xmas lights hasn't quite made it in the Midwest, apparently. We've looked in Doit Best, True Value, and Ace (all supposedly ForeverBright distributors) in South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa and no joy. My wife's bought a couple strings of red lights off eBay, but getting a red-green-yellow-blue-white set is what we want. I did find a 20-light battery-powered string of holly berry LED lights at Walmart...outside of that, all I get is blank looks. Requests to companies don't seem to pan out, either. Oh, well...it's not time critical. I'd just like them NOW. 8-}