Which 4000 lumen 4x18650 soda can size light do you recommend?

geridaf

Newly Enlightened
I read this forum (and other flashlight forums) for a long time, I read many reviews, but haven't registered until now. I'd like to be aware of all the flashlight choices, before purchase.

I'd like to buy a flashlight that fits to these requirements (tell me all existing lights that you know and fits my requirements):

• real 4000 lumen OTF output
  • the beam pattern is a mix of flood and throw
  • uses four 18650 batteries
  • soda/soup can size design
  • the preferred price is lower or around $100, but if there is no other choice, I would save more money for max $140 price range.
What flashlights would you recommend?
Thanks.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was going to say xp-g2 x 12 Noctigon Meteor M43. The price blows your $140 budget a little. The thing is an absolute beast at turbo. Low modes are useful.

Also: It kicks a piddly 4000 lumens in the butt, depending on what emitters you choose. Richard at Mountain Electronics has some, as well as CPF's Vinh Nguyen whom did mine. Its floody but bright enough that it can cover some yardage.

tonkem

Enlightened
Hard under a hundred. 2nd the Noctigon Meteor. Mine is 6000 lumens xpl model and the xpg2 7000 lumen model in cool white.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already said about the price, so I will skip that criteria. :)

Noctigon Meteor M43 in whatever flavor you like. Mine is as in the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. Circa 8000 lumens.

The Niwalker MM15 in neutral white 2 x MT-G2 is also a favorite of mine.

The Niwalker MM15MB in 2 x XHP-70 should also be a nifty item.

Thrunite TN36 in 3 x MK-R is also in this league, as well as the soon to be released Thrunite TN36UT in 3 x XHP-70.

Multiple emitters = do not expect too much throw. :)

:welcome:

geridaf

Newly Enlightened
Not necessarily under $100. As you can see in my first comment, if there is no other choice, I would save more money up to around $140 price range for the light. So you can tell me these lights too.

Those flashlights that you have mentioned are the actual high-end, 6000-8000 lumen lights so I understand that they are expensive. They're not only too expensive for me, but also they're overkill. Sure, they're good lights, but it does not worth the extra price for me to get extra thousands of lumens. 4000 lumen is enough for me, and I expect their price to be around $110. (Moreover because I live in Europe so there are shipping and import charges too that increase the price anyway.)

Thanks the answers, however I still need some recommendations for 4000 lumen, flood and throw mix, ... lights that I described in the first comment.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think 4000 lumens is too much, you will struggle to get a light like that to throw which is why people are suggesting more lumen lights to achieve the average throw you are looking for. Also not many soda can lights have the reflector to throw. Actually a 3000 lumen triple mid size light will give you good lumens and good throw.

ven

Flashaholic
Lumens is a tad less but in real use 3000 or 4000 is a little bump

Check out the thrunite tn30 mini in CW or NW flavours:)

Bit over budget then the thrunite tn36 as suggested in MKR or XHP70 options.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you're going to find a light that actually outputs 4000 lumens for $100 unless you mod something yourself.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
4000 lumens soda can sized 4x18650 has Eagletac written all over it. I think ET must have 3 pop can size 4x18650 lights right around that output level.