High quality flashlight brand

hcgpodin23

Newly Enlightened
Hello again,
What is the better brand in terms of quality/fit/finish/reliability among ARMYTEK,FENIX,OLIGHT,EAGTAC,KLARUS,NITECORE,JETBEAM,LED LENCER,NEXT TORCH...etc???
What is the best brand money can buy?
Thanks.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello again,
What is the better brand in terms of quality/fit/finish/reliability among ARMYTEK,FENIX,OLIGHT,EAGTAC,KLARUS,NITECORE,JETBEAM,LED LENCER,NEXT TORCH...etc???
What is the best brand money can buy?
Thanks.
You know that is impossible to answer. It would strictly boil down to opinion, such as which car company is the best. I have several different models from lots of brands including some of the above. They're all different which is why I have them. Some models I can't stand, while other models of the same company I love. Go after a light which has the features you like. As long as its a well respected brand you shouldn't have too much problem.

akhyar

Enlightened
Instead of looking for best brand, find a flashlight model that best fits your requirement, and within your budget.
Once you already identified the model, easier for others to give recommendation based on your criteria.

12GaugeStu

Newly Enlightened
Instead of looking for best brand, find a flashlight model that best fits your requirement, and within your budget.
Once you already identified the model, easier for others to give recommendation based on your criteria.

This.

I started knowing what I was going to primarily use the light for, how much light I wanted, and how much I had to spend. Then, I had to think again because all the lights that were cool to me required 18650's, so I needed a battery and charger. That narrowed it down, but I could have spent a little more and got a different light that is just as popular and well built.

I spent a good amount of time researching the lights I wanted once I found a couple that fit my needs.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn man....um...sigh...Fenix, Mag and Surefire have sales numbers in the 6-7 figure range but as to what is best? Ahem....if youre not a government LEO/Military member than the better Surefires are most likely outta your price range. In the much more sane non Gvt contract world of lights Fenix is and has been the standard setter for quality and benchmark lights that set categories. Olight has made massive strides over the past 2 years and done what all the other makers are trying to do which is set a standard by creating a new category of lights with the Javelot series. Have 7 Eagletacs and love them all. NC has been hit or miss for me for years but do admit the little MH20 to be one of the best lights I bought in 2015. I have 3 Jetbeams. All 3 are built like tanks I swear the aluminum bodies on them feels an eigth of an inch thick.

Sunwayman has also managed to keep up with lights like their fantastic D40A. I was amazed at how well made my P25C is for so cheap. I dont have any Armyteks yet but have read over and over again about how well made they are and they do appear to be. Armytek uses the highest quality AR lens coating in the industry. LED Lenser? Unless you MUST have variable focus save your money or buy the Coast equivalent instead. Next Torch? No experience with em...Been collecting since 1996 and my advice would actually be to try out an Armytek I have my eye very much on the Doberman Pro. The matte black super thick anodized finish they have+ultra robust electronics+optical quality glass with industry leading AR coating says a lot. Armytek has yet to build benchmark lights though as high quality as they are which is why I dont have one out of my dozens of lights. Think Im going to correct that with the seemingly excellent Doberman Pro. I just couldnt wrap my mind around their old UI either but seeing now that they have dumped the old UI I like what they are offering much more...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ this!!

Big box stores sell good quality lights.

Just go in and play with a few models and decide for yourself.

Then while you play with your new light(s) be reading stickies here at CPF for the basics.