Over Dramatic and somewhat poetic flashaholics.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
The purpose of this thread is to post short phrases or quotes about why you carry a flashlight in a way that sounds dramatic and mysterious. Anyone is welcome to post, heck even post your best "illuminating" stories about how carrying a flashlight has really helped in a certain situation. It is too late for me to post much but I may write up a few stories and post a quote or two later.
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set upon a hill cannot be hid.
Neither does a man light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light to all the house."
:tired::candle:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
How 'bout this?;

Thoust are enthralled with each of thine electrical illumination vessels we behest in thine vast accumulation.

Plain English version:
I get excited to play with my flashlight collection.

Now Jive:
Maaaaaaan, I dig all dem crazy torches.

Ebonics: removed.
Rated R.... not PMRC approved.

Surfer:
Duuuuude, those tubes are gnarly bro.

How's that?

Last edited:

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
HA!~ I think that some of that was lost and gained in translation.

Ok, I am going to post a dark and mysterious ?poem?
Winter is coming,
and the darkness of night grows in power,
it is lurking,
bringing places to hide for a coward,
streetlights leave with a flicker,
powerlines freeze and snap with a shiver,
yes the darkness will come,
from which no one can run,
but without fear they may go,
those who are ready do know,
it is better to have two lights than one,
and it is better to have one than none. - Tre Asay 2015
;)
Anyone have poems or quotes about flashlights that they can post? :anyone:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Think so jabe?
Have you listened to rap music lately?

I was just making a humorous remark based on lyrics from rap music todays generation is so fond of...

Actually I didn't put in a single bad word...I typed in a buncha stars and your mind took it from there..actually your mind is offended by something that didn't really happen...

So shame on you bro.

Alfed Hitchcock was very successful by holding back details and letting ones own imagination tell the story...way more effective.

Last edited:

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
From the LDS general conference talk "choose the light" by Vern P. Stanfill

"...We determined to take our bicycles to the Hiawatha Trail, a converted rail line that crosses the beautiful Rocky Mountains between Montana and Idaho. We anticipated a fun day with good friends, enjoying the natural beauty of the area.
We knew our ride along the magnificent 15-mile (24 km) trail would include trestles stretching over deep canyons and long tunnels penetrating rugged mountains. So we prepared ourselves with lights strapped to our helmets and bicycles.
NNnfck37XZcjQ5RYwyPqoDWfINAK1JR_Kkhy20Uia-MAdDCIpatcWGrmqKdpXTyV5g7Q6Wuu7n0-OM0LeejxRNBkCCqYgi9Dm1S8dlwhcB9SBHWD4OMS6LncW8_tgEk0bT_NSZAk

Those who had gone before warned us that the tunnels were dark and that we needed really strong lights. As we gathered in front of the massive stone opening of the Taft Tunnel, a caretaker explained some of the dangers of the trail, including deep ditches along the edges, rough walls, and complete darkness. Impatiently, we pushed forward into the tunnel. After we had ridden only a few minutes, the predicted darkness engulfed us. The lights I brought proved inadequate, and the darkness soon overwhelmed them. Suddenly, I began to feel anxious, confused, and disoriented.
DoFnB0LOOWBa7fUpP9OFtryopxigsPSW5qTTncVs06rTVrZZziAS4bxc0svW7nWNDnd7TV5xMN17S84T1RPCihgFwYh9MAy4lq9VMio_mt7FNghXVV8u4AzrhP4Q3-de0iQY0cHe
bPmVJ4SK8nmjmMy-9NTenDy9--SZhksu_srlwrD56lnZ77w9GLRo-HOq9maPNu_Ae0wrvQBRLXqKtooQXZH_FZKVZMDxZ9pwMJ616z5VgXs_HLj7lULtrPtpjgxRydSCuw9BMxnD

I was embarrassed to admit my anxieties to my friends and family. Although an experienced cyclist, I now felt as though I had never ridden a bicycle. I struggled to stay upright as my confusion increased. Finally, after I did express my discomfort to those around me, I was able to draw closer to the more powerful light of a friend. In fact, everyone in the group began to form a tight circle around him. By staying close to him and relying for a time on his light and the collective light of the group, we pushed deeper into the darkness of the tunnel.
BSEjJyCgPN4J7KqspmqokV7l6sPqgWVhHuV5kNSXK1BxRUq4Ym0561uJaCU0xitThTan-BldlLDdGHhS0ikuG-dtwOqCNwI5NmR3niaSs24zQ62uv-hvGetghNSEsYd5wqlB_juj

After what seemed like hours, I saw a pinpoint of light. Almost immediately, I began to feel reassured that all would be well. I continued to press forward, relying on both the light of my friends and the growing pinpoint of light. My confidence gradually returned as the light grew in size and intensity. Long before reaching the end of the tunnel, I no longer needed the assistance of my friends. All anxiety disappeared as we pedaled quickly toward the light. I felt calm and reassured even before we rode into the morning full of warmth and splendor...."

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I can't tell you that without seeing sufficient security clearance.

Now I am really curious. :poke:
:popcorn:
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that" - Martin Luther King jr.
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - Terry pratchett

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Small as a peanut,
Big as a giant,
We're all the same size
When we turn off the light
Rich as a sultan,
Poor as a mite,
We're all worth the same
When we turn off the light.
Red, black or orange,
Yellow or white,
We all look the same
When we turn off the light.
So maybe the way
To make everything right
Is for God to just reach out
And turn off the light!

nbp

Flashaholic
Think so jabe?
Have you listened to rap music lately?

I was just making a humorous remark based on lyrics from rap music todays generation is so fond of...

Actually I didn't put in a single bad word...I typed in a buncha stars and your mind took it from there..actually your mind is offended by something that didn't really happen...

So shame on you bro.

Alfed Hitchcock was very successful by holding back details and letting ones own imagination tell the story...way more effective.

That's a bunch of nonsense. It wasn't funny, and you know exactly what you meant. This is a family forum, reel it in man.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I hear ya nbp.
I respect what you're sayin' sir.
I was seriously joking based on lyrics of so-called music most kids today listen to...while mommsy and step dad are watching family guy...

I'll remove it now if that's ok...
Removed.

you guys didn't like my style...fair enough.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Disney version:

The flashlight is a wonderful tool
Even those whose beams are really cool.

When darkness causes an internal fright.
All you have to do is turn on your light.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Flashaholic's Creed, by M_V:

THIS IS MY FLASHLIGHT! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!!!
(...and I had Vinh mod it. :))

My flashlight is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My flashlight, without me, is useless. Without my flashlight, I am useless. I must shine my flashlight true.
I must shine brighter than the darkness who is trying to envelop me. I must illuminate it before I trip and fall. I will...

My flashlight and I know that what counts in darkness is not the batteries we expend, the noise of our clickies, nor the smoke we hopefully don't make.
We know that it is the lumens that count. We will illuminate...

My flashlight is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my flashlight clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My flashlight and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of the darkness. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

x0s0h1.jpg

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, guys! :) I've been a bit nostalgic lately, so I thought I'd "get my green on." :)