Coast flashlights .... can we talk about durability?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
... I'm getting mixed reviews online...

I was looking at the G10 keychain light ... maybe the G20 2x aaa as well.

I can't find much info on the LED they use, but wonder how robust it is? :confused: Are there any users here that can chime in either good or bad? Seems like a good deal for under $10 / $15 if the switch and quality is good.

Thanks.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Can't speak for those particular models.

But my HP1 has taken a bath or two, been rained on and dropped more times than I care to admit. No issues with it.
Recently I did a steam test...left it on the sink while in the shower after it had spent the night outdoors in moist chilly air and nothing got inside the lens.

Now my HP7 360 has been beat up, backed over, dropped in mud and rained on. Other than some scars it's good to go.

HP1 is a single aa that disappears in your pant pocket for $10 plus a battery.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?392661-Coast-HP1
^^ an HP1 mini review.

Last edited:

acl1986

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one from Amazon. Looking to keep it in the glove box. I also couldn't find much info on them either outside the vague reviews.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Can't speak for those particular models.

But my HP1 has taken a bath or two, been rained on and dropped more times than I care to admit. No issues with it.
Recently I did a steam test...left it on the sink while in the shower after it had spent the night outdoors in moist chilly air and nothing got inside the lens.

Now my HP7 360 has been beat up, backed over, dropped in mud and rained on. Other than some scars it's good to go.

HP1 is a single aa that disappears in your pant pocket for $10 plus a battery.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?392661-Coast-HP1
^^ an HP1 mini review.

Thanks for the review!