ARC AAA problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have relatively new AAA and about every third or fourth time I try to turn it on it won't light. I'm guessing it has something to do with the battery rotating? Anywho, does anyone have any suggestions? It's a minor problem to be sure but just thought I'd tap the minds of the collective.

Thanks,
Joel

carmel

Newly Enlightened

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
it seems to be a kinda common problem with the Arc AAA's.. a few ppl have fixed them on their own, you can search this forum for advice on cleaning and tweaking..
most ppl seem to just live with it tho, since it is like you said, a minor problem..
but Peter would tell you to send it to him if you can't fix it on your own and he'll probly replace it, or fix it..

Edit:
carmel beat me to the punch.. follow his links! *lol* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had that problem so far, but with all the accolades and at the price of the Arc, I would not settle for that minor annoyance.

Life has too many annoyances to put up with an annoying flashlight.

I never pulled for losing football teams either for the same rational.

Jerry

bmsmith

Enlightened
I had this happen on a new AAA Ultraviolet model. After discussions here, I decided that it was not a grounding issue nor rotating parts in the head. It was too predictable to be a connection problem. Peter graciously offered to replace it and I finally did, months later. The new one works perfectly every time.

My best guess of the problem, for my light (and I can only speak for my light), was the inverter circuit would sometimes not begin to oscillate correctly when power was applied. Waiting for 30-40 seconds allowed enough component discharge to occur for a "restart" and it would work every time after waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.