Help me ID this battery tube/flashlight body

Sanford02

Newly Enlightened
Friends,

I was sorting through a shoebox full of parts and stuff I never use, and I came across this.... I know for certain I never bought this or used it. I can only assume that it came with something I bought from the marketplace. I thought I saw something very similar in an old thread, but I can't seem to find it again.

The tube itself is almost exactly the length of a CR123 cell. The tail cap is a reverse clicky and very similar to the older fenix lights like the P3D. Overall it has a much smaller diameter than the P3D, and I have found nothing in my extensive collection that it fits on.

Any thoughts?

15zrvy1.jpg

262tkar.jpg

Sanford02

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure....its hard to tell from the pics of the A6. The older thread where I think I saw it gave it a name....it started with an "N". Neka....Nema....something like that. Any more thoughts?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
funny,
i just got the changing ad at the top of the page showing something from Olight - looking quite similar

Sanford02

Newly Enlightened
Is the aluminium rather thin?

Yes, it is very thin. The inside diameter is just enough for a CR123, yet the outside diameter will ALMOST fit on a AA head. It will not fit an 18mm rechargeable. The length is nearly exactly the length of a CR123.

It's strange that I have no idea what it is or why I have it.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the two parts may not be from the same light. The tail cap is similar to my tank tk566 from a couple of years ago in the knurling if you can call it that. There were other cheap lights that were of a similarly designed tail cap. Usually with rather thin aluminium and a rather squishy clicky

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a Nekomane 123a or possibly CR2 tube. Dont think its the CR2 one...but could be. Most pics are dead links on cpf or cpf marketplace. Some still linked to photobucket, but i cannot post them, for some reason bucket crashes mu old iphone... Pretty old but should get you in right direction. Found this thread on blf. Have a beat up Nekomane P1 body somewhere around here, looks different than that though, it's for wife's Fenix P1D. She liked the Leef body more so the others are in a drawer somewhere. Your typing of the partial name reminded me of them.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11927

Last edited:

Sanford02

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a Nekomane 123a or possibly CR2 tube. Dont think its the CR2 one...but could be. Most pics are dead links on cpf or cpf marketplace. Some still linked to photobucket, but i cannot post them, for some reason bucket crashes mu old iphone... Pretty old but should get you in right direction. Found this thread on blf. Have a beat up Nekomane P1 body somewhere around here, looks different than that though, it's for wife's Fenix P1D. She liked the Leef body more so the others are in a drawer somewhere. Your typing of the partial name reminded me of them.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11927

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help. Strangely enough, I found another one last night in a different shoe box of junk. The second one I found is shorter and the inside diameter is too small for a cr123. I guess it must be for a cr2, because it is way too short for a AA. Compared to the one in the OP, the second one is about 7-8 mm shorter, OD the same, ID too small for cr123...same/interchangeable tailcap.

I suspect the one I pictured in the OP is the Nekomane P1 body, and I am pretty sure that it was included in a bunch of P1D's that I bought on the MP a while back. But now my question is, how does this work with the P1D? The P1D head is a "male" thread, and so are both sides of this Nekomane body that I have.

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't think that's for P1D. Like in linked post, think its for other Fenix's. I looked but cannot find ours. Suspect its packed in storage.

Wyreless

Newly Enlightened
funny,
i just got the changing ad at the top of the page showing something from Olight - looking quite similar

I too was going to say OLIGHT for the tube. It looks like a part from my T20, I believe.
Im not at home to completely verify, its a tough call