What is your most versatile LED flashight

wjv

Enlightened
If you had asked me a few weeks ago I probably would have picked my Fenix PD32UE or my PD25.

But as of now I'd have to go with my Olight S1.

It has a well rounded set of attributes:

- Two low outputs (0.5 & 8)
- Good mid range (80)
- Nice High (500 --> 300)
- Good run times
- It's tiny so it's easy to carry it, plus some spare batteries
- Very floody
- Clean, tint free beam
- Magnet in the tail
- Strong deep carry clip that allows it to be used as a headlamp with most any cap
- Strobe
- Good output regulation
- Side button does not seem prone to accidental activation
- Twist the end cap and you have a physical lock-out

scout24

Flashaholic
In terms of range of output, probably my sc62w. Programmability? Spy005 or HDS clicky. Battery choices? Surefire G3 with an M61 dropin. 2xAA, 1,2, or 3 primary 123 cells, a rcr 123, 2xrcr 123, a 17670, one or two 14500's...

I agree on the S1, it's a nice light. :thumbsup:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
For normal everyday use cannot see past using my D25A,has all I need but at night I use my PD35 as a reading light and the D25 is my side option.

scout24

Flashaholic
Chance- I'm looking forward to the new Quark getting into circulation here and seeing user's opinions of the app and Bluetooth programming! May unseat one or two of mine.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still find my Eagletac D25C working well and my new secondary light is the new Fenix FD40. The only limit on the Fenix is that it can not use primary CR123, but my other lights still can.

Short_Circuit

Newly Enlightened
Again I'd have to go with my Nitecore MH20. One button access to either turbo or moonlight and all the other modes plus usb charging and its small size make it useful in almost any situation, indispensable in many.

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
My Nitecore P12 is by far my favorite flashlight I have! Very versatile and hasn't let me down! Even with drops to concrete

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I've come to love the versatility of my FourSevens Quark PRO QP2L-X. For me, it's da bomb! :twothumbs

~ Chance

+1 qptl-x love that you can choose to either come on ml or turbo from off, tail stand, comfortable to carry, run off of 123s or 16650, legoable, nice spaced out modes, deep clip

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My alpha

- Doubles as David vs Goliath projectile.
- Fishing weight
- Match stick holder
- Weapons light
- With tac bezel, a portable saw
- Coconut buster
- Coffee stir-er
- Bad guy blinder
- And aint a bad flashlight.

Edit:

Discovered today the tail cap is great for making melon balls and peeling potatoes.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Difficult decision,
because I have several excellent choices . . . .

But I'm gonna' say my

ZebraLight SC5w

Such an AMAZING little flashlight !

:thumbsup:
_

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am way behind the curve of most people here, since all I use is a Surefire G2x Pro. 15 lumens feels brighter than it is and when you need raw power, you get 320 lumens. I run rechargeables but admittedly, it's brighter on primaries. Higher voltage.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hands down, the SC52w.

- Able to run off NiMH, alkaline, zinc carbon, lithium primary, or rechargeable Li-Ion batteries.
- VERY small size is easy to EDC.
- Nice, floody beam for general purpose lighting.
- Great user interface.
- Lots of modes.
- Produces enough output to stand in for larger, heavier lights.
- Strobe modes are both easily accessible and unlikely to be accidentally triggered.
- Extra batteries are easy to carry along.
- Available with neutral, cool, or high cri emitter.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 qptl-x love that you can choose to either come on ml or turbo from off, tail stand, comfortable to carry, run off of 123s or 16650, legoable, nice spaced out modes, deep clip

+2 for a Quark, but I give the edge to the low voltage QP2A-X, run on a 16650. About the half the max lumens, but has the advantage of running any chemistry single battery, that fits in the 2xCR123 tube (w/tinfoil spacers), or with the smaller 1x cell Lego tubes. Also makes a great ceiling bounce emergency lantern with any large battery, like a D-cell or 26650. Reversible clip for ball cap headlamp and a momentary max from ON work-around for those bumps in the dark.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im gonna throw in my pick for my UC35. It is a touch long, does not have moonlight modes, does not have 3 blinky modes like its NC counterparts but what it DOES have is much better than average build quality, well spaced modes, true near 1000 lumen output, out standingly well designed and made mini USB charging system and its biggest boast which is that the light is still waterproof with the mini USB port cover totally open

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most versatile? That's tough...

Mine would be the new Fenix TK35 UE 2015 (2,000 Lumens) with the Cree XHP 50.

- 5 perfectly spaced output modes.
- From the 20L low to the insane 2,000L high, the beam is absolutely beautiful.
- Throws as far as the Hound Dog XM-L2, but has way more flood and puts out way more light.
- Digitally regulated output with amazing run times.
- Flat compact design feels great in the hand and feels great in the back pocket.
- The new switch design is awesome.
- Waterproof and built tough as nails.

There is nothing I'd change about this light. It's not only my most versatile, but it's my all-time favorite.

Not even my SF Beast II made me smile like this light does!