• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD- Modded maglite matched sets for sale-SOLD

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
Up for sale today are two pair of very nice modded 2D maglites/micromags. I got the hosts and reflectors from Z-battery.com, a great shopping experience as always. The purple set is indeed the standard maglite purple which my camera steadfastly refuses to render accurately.

100_2879_zpsdckl7m4u.jpg

fronts_zpspma5opts.jpg

Greens_zpslya4h52a.jpg

Purples_zpsvvnngdqf.jpg

The 2D mags both sport dedomed MT-G2 P0 5000K emitters on 25 mm noctigons thermally adhered to copper-wrapped solid aluminum heatsinks under rebel reflectors. The reflector in the green mag is smooth while the one in the purple mag has been lightly stippled. The lens is the 50mm glass unit from FT. The driver is the BLF17DD-Z with 4 mode (low-med-hi-turbo) Star firmware and off time memory. The low mode on these lights is very low and the turbo mode draws a bit over 9 amps off a pair of Powerizer 26650 cells or around 7.5 amps off a pair of king kong 26700s (cells not included). Crash test data by Djozz suggest the OTF lumens at this power level should be in the 3500 lumen range for domed emitters so 3000 is probably reasonable for dedomed emitters at 9 amps.

The tailcap springs have been cut and re-shaped in a dual spring arrangement that allows smooth function of 65mm-70mm cells by simply leaving or removing the outer spring. The switch utilizes my standard power bypass outlined in post #8 of this thread. The driver is glued to the top of the switch. The battery spacer is made of electrical conduit and is probably not wide enough to accommodate protected cells.

Dual%20springs_zpsaxjprm6z.jpg

100_2513_zpscbmcnpbv.jpg

Spacer_zpstepiajvc.jpg

The micro mags feature a very interesting combination of the nichia 219c on triple noctigon and a single sided FET +7135 driver. This combination uses direct drive off a high drain 14500 cell and the low forward voltage of the nichia 219c emitter to drive the light to over 8 amps on turbo at start up. Only high drain cells should be used in these lights. There is around four to five minutes of run time before the light gives a low voltage warning when the battery reaches 3 volts. The battery is only providing about an amp to the emitters by time the low voltage protection kicks in.
These lights also feature the advantage of a dual channel driver to create a true firefly mode of about half a lumen (estimated in comparison to a D25A on firefly mode). Additional features include a 90 second turbo timer as a safety to prevent damage to flashlight/flesh, a four mode user interface (Moon-Low-Med-Turbo) with off time memory, a tailcap spring bypass mod to reduce resistance, and carclo narrow spot frosted optics. My micro mags are all built as described here excepting that I now use aluminum heatsinks instead of copper. I estimate around 2000 lumens at start up. Turbo should still be giving a couple hundred lumens when the low voltage warning flashes.

Beamshots are roughly sixty yards to the sugar shack.

The micro mag is up first. It's a floody little bugger.

Micro%20beam_zps2fhvbdvm.jpg

Next up is the purple 2D mag with stippled rebel reflector. The rebel still throws well while the stippling brightens up the spill.

purple%20Beam_zpsgmml9gj5.jpg

Last up is the green 2D mag with the smooth rebel reflector. This has to be my favorite MT-G2 beam ever!

Smooth%20beam_zpscsjvbkea.jpg

Well,I enjoyed building these but now its time to say goodby.

The purple pair has been sold!

Price including CONUS shipping is $180 per pair. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the remaining light pair (green).

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: Modded maglite matched sets for sale

Very interesting lights and great descriptions. GLWYS.

jfong

Newly Enlightened

I'll take the purple pair!

:paypal:

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

I'm going to call these sold and start another thread for the remaining green 2D. I'm sure staff will let me know if that's not how it's done.