EagleTac D25LC2, XP-G2 vs XP-L V3 Which one throws better through fog

Brightsun

Newly Enlightened
I have been carrying a Fenix E35 XP-E for a few years. I really like the small bright hotspot and compact size as I work around large industrial equipment that often has steam or water vapor in the process and I need something that can throw through the mist and is easy to carry. I have been searching for a replacement with a tail switch and recently purchased an EagleTac D25LC2 XP-G2 (Lux 8,500). I really like the EagleTac and the UI, but would like something with a bit more throw in about the same size. I see EagleTac has come out with a D25LC2 XP-L HI V3 with a LUX of 12,200. Does anyone have one of these and can comment on the hot spot and throw. Other suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also the Nitecore P12GT. Similar size, 320m throw.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy the Eagletac DX30LC2 XP-L HI instead. It throws further than the D25LC2 XP-L HI and the tint is more neutral white.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac actually makes neutral-white. It is V2 bin only.
Why would one model be "more neutral white" when they probably source the LEDs from the same reel.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cool white version is V3, but there are variations on the cool white version. Some seem more neutral white.

The neutral white V2 is neutral to warm.

If you see the Armytek Predtor Pro LE XP-L HI. They specify 5500k, but many including myself have 6500k which is cooler

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25LC2 XP-L HI 12k Lux
DX30LC2 XP-L HI 20k Lux

The DX30LC2 is only a little longer and heavier, but has a greater output and throw. I will definitely buy a DX30LC2 XP-L HI. It's still not available in the UK yet.