Olight Vs. Nitecore

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I will keep this as simple as I can and here's what I am comparing.

-Olight M2X-UT Javelot (1x 18650) But it seems to be kind of a greenish hotspot and I don't know if that's good. Also the light advertised to go 800meters of light distance. In a small package. Intensity rating:150000 cd WOW

-Nitecore MH27/P12gt (1x 18650) MH27: It seems to have plenty of features(I like the cop mode) and also seem to pack quite a punch. It also takes 1x 18650 and has a really nice charging port on the side. 460 meters on this one (Need size comparison between M2X-Ut) Intensity rating: 54000 cd

P12gt: cool little light but only 320 meter beam distance. Also has charging port and takes 1x 18650. Intensity rating: 30000 cd (I think)

thanks, really need some help choosing between these lites. It's a month now and I'm still deciding!

Newly Enlightened
EDC tactical use.(Self Defense quick access light)

Would of went for the MH27 if I didn't see the Olight M2X-UT (If your wondering the M3XS-UT,I seen it but it's a little too big). I like tight beams don't know why, maybe I should get all two of them..

thanks,

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
For EDC I would go for the MH27; but it seems like the larger M2X-UT doesn't bother you. I think this would suit you better. It's a bit green for my personal preference; but each to their own. It's certainly a good thrower.

wensynch

Newly Enlightened
I would consider the MX2-UT more of a special purpose light, a light required on the job, whereas a EDC means carried all day, every day, any day. I know I wouldn't be carrying the MX2-UT in that way, lugging that thing everywhere I go. At least, not without looking really weird, especially in a city like LA.

I do carry a light the size of the pg12t and people still look at me funny. I think the Olight R20 javelot is more akin to the PG12T in both size and spec, maybe even the S2 which offers the TER reflector, for a strong beam which has a pretty good throw while not being entirely designed for throw. Like more good all-around.

I have a Ultralight Cree XPL C12 body which is the size of the MX2 and while it's more light than the rest of my collection, thats the reason I got it. For 18500 use, more juice when for special occasions that need more light.

The PT27 is now temperature regulated, a feature that is fairly new and says this light apart from the rest which are power regulated. It steps down some when it gets hot supposedly offering a fairly consistent runtime.

That said, probably my next light. Lol

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
P12GT- Why? True 1000 lumen max output, accurate voltage readout, easy to access blinky modes and best of all a XP-l HI emitter. It may only throw 25k CD but the XP-L HI throws a very concentrated beam no matter the CD. Its also the easiest to carry. Ive got the MH27. It is an awesome light packed with features with nearly 5 times the range of the GT but its awkward to carry and will blind the hell out of folks within a couple hundred feet.

The Olight is just to big to EDC unless you like it enough to carry it in its belt holster. M2X alone beam is so concentrated I once blinded 20 people by accident just shining it around.

Catching a bad guy in the eyes with the concentrated XP-L HI beam out of a quickly drawn P12GT will blind them good even in daylight.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
M23 javelot is a good compromise between throw and close up tac work. M2X is very nice but a bit large to carry. I keep my M2Xvn in my car door pocket.

pepinfaxera

Newly Enlightened
Hello. comparing. -Olight M2X-UT Javelot - -Nitecore MH27/P12gt (1x 18650) MH27: !
EDC tactical use.
Hello.Hi there.
Nitecore P12 highly recommended by size and tactical mode. +Foward switch:

Nitecore MH27 if recommended. more powerful.

Olight M2X-UT Javelot - Not suitable for tactical use. (Except for Rifle) Not EDC.

Other options: Olight M23 Javelot. 47500 cd = 435m.
Fenix TK16 14.480 cd. = 240 m.
o Fenix PD35TAC 1.000 lm, 10.000 cd. = 200 m.

Regards. Hi.

indigon

Enlightened
Hi, I have both the Nitecore P12GT & MH27 both Cree XP-L HI V3 LED

The P12GT does not have a USB recharge port, the MH27 does.
The P12GT is a little more comfortable in pocket, MH27 feels better to use in hand.
the MH27 is a little brighter and has a great red light to save night vision + blue and green,
also has a handy red strobe & unusual blue strobe, blue-red combo cop-car strobe.

JMHO, I lean a little toward the MH27, both are great lights.

Last edited: