Streamlight Sidewinder: ramp up or ramp down?

What Sidewinder ramp mode do you prefer?

• military mode (IR + white + two other colours)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

axd

Newly Enlightened
It strikes me that many visitors would prefer a Sidewinder that starts in low output and then ramps up, rather than the "Sportsman" model, that starts in max mode and then goes down. So, for example

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?329057-Streamlight-Sidewinder-Changing-the-factory-power-on-settings
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...or-ramp-down&p=2811145&viewfull=1#post2811145

If you want a Sportsman model, would you prefer a ramp-up (off > low > med > hi > max) or a ramp-down (off > max > hi > med > low)?

I would like to use the results of the poll to convince SL to come up with a ramp-up Sportsman "Eco" variant.

Last edited:

axd

Newly Enlightened
Yes, and so you water down a poll...

The idea was to make a minimal change (just invert the ramp controller modes), without opening whole cans of worms... Because we all know how evolved UI can become, but the real problem is that users keep expanding requirements (and will never be happy).

So let's try a little step at a time: the question is simply: IF you have the choice between a ramp-up and a ramp-down Sidewinder(/Compact), which one would you choose?

Please all answer the poll instead of answering in the thread - otherwise this will take away the attention from the poll to endless UI discussions.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This already is a useless discussion if you don't want input...

Can't speak for others but the poll is the first thing I look at.

Yet if you think some poll by a few dozen folks at a forum is going to change Streamlights mind vs thousands of campers, firemen, rescue workers, park rangers, military and policemen because it's what you want...good luck with that.

A ten tap UI would allow the user to choose with 9 clicks and hold on #10 to change how it functions.
So if you want ramp up and johnny over there wants down...you both can have it.
I like my Scorpion to start on low. Mine does that. My brother wants his Scorpion to start on high..his does that...
Now what's so complicated about that? Streamlight already has the patents, designs and know how to make the change.

Last edited: