Quick Question Please - ThruNite TN4A LEDs (HI vs NW)

CanadaLight2

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks, this is my first post on the forum. Extensive research has led me to the ThruNite TN4A, specifically the neutral white version, as my first "high end" flashlight. I was about to pull the trigger but then I noticed they have a new version with the XPL HI LED.

I have not been able to find answers to the below two questions:

1) How does the light temperature compare between the HI and the NW versions? Are actual kelvin values available? (I couldn't find them.) Is the XPL HI CW warmer than the XPL V6 "cool white" version? Or is it the exact same "cool white" as the XPL-V6 CW? I read something that suggested the HI CW was in fact warmer than the XPL V6 CW but nothing definitive. I know I prefer color temperatures a little warmer than "cool white" and have read up on the advantages and disadvantages (color reproduction, etc.) If the XPL HI is still very cool, I will just go with the NW and call it a day.

2) How do the beam characteristics compare between the HI and the NW versions? I understand the HI has a smaller hot spot but more throw (double the peak beam intensity if I read the cd numbers correctly), however I am fairly new to this and I'm not sure if that makes it better for general use or not.

I asked these exact questions as you see them above to ThruNite themselves, and their reply was literally "The difference is the Cree LED, thanks", which was the most useless reply I have ever received from any company haha. Clearly they couldn't even be bothered to read my brief email and will be of no help to me.

I see someone has also asked a similar question in another thread but it went unanswered, so I am hoping to get some quick help as I would like to order ASAP.

Thanks in advance!!

via

Newly Enlightened
Good question, I would be interested as well. Hopefully, one of the experts here will come along and shed some light on your query.