Thrunite TC12: Who has one?

LimuHead

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the Thrunite TC12 with the NW LED instead of the CW. It should be here in a couple of days!

Anyone here own one of these?

What appeals to me about this light?

-covered usb port for charging
-18650 powered
-wide range of lumens (sublumen up to to 1000 lumens)
-the choice between NW or CW leds.
-momentary tail clicky
-mode selector switch on flashlight body
-mode memory
-hidden strobe
-tail standability
-pocket clip

I hope it's as good as it sounds on paper!

Please chime in with your thoughts!

Help me cope with my anticipation by discussing the TC12 here.

Thank you!
Aldon

mikevgm

Newly Enlightened
I received mine last week. LED is nw color and I love that. Nice usable range of lumens. Construction seems solid. Recharging via USB, in the light, is a great feature for me. This is my first li-ion light and I don't have another charger for that chemistry.

Mike

LimuHead

Newly Enlightened
Mine should be here tomorrow by 8 pm, according to the Big South American River site!

Woohooo!

Please let us know how things are going with yours.

mikevgm

Newly Enlightened
So, what do you think about the tc-12? I'm assuming that you've received it by now.

LimuHead

Newly Enlightened
So, what do you think about the tc-12? I'm assuming that you've received it by now.
I'm still getting accustomed to the UI, but did have a chance to use it in the real world last night when returning home over the mountain from Santa Cruz to San Jose. It was foggy and raining and a car crash had blocked the two northbound lanes home. I grabbed my TC12 just to be prepared for any eventualities. At one point all the cars around us had to pull over to the side to let the emergency vehicles through. My wife had to back the car up to make room so I jumped out of the car to help guide her.

I forgot about the flashlight in my lap and it fell onto the side of the road into a fast flowing stream of run-off water about 6 inches deep. It stayed there for a couple of minutes before I could retrieve it, but when I did get back to it all I had to do was shake it off. It lit right up and worked perfectly! It's still working now!

The light bezel got a ding in it from its little adventure, but I'm very pleased with the toughness of this light.

The sub-lumen level is just right for my uses (going to bed without waking the Mrs.).

I've been using level 3 as my living room light this evening (to condition the battery) by tail-standing the light and reflecting the beam off of the ceiling. It provides more than enough light.

I use level 4 for checking on the dog when she goes out to use the back yard at night.

I use level 5 to show off.

Totally digging it so far!