• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD SOLD Variable 4 cell mag light custom build PRICE DROP mag history

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
medium800.jpg

SOLD SOLD

I bought this here a while ago, just to add to my collection. Never thought about selling it, so I kept no info on the modder. If memory serves, these were done quite a while ago. Nicely made and in almost mint condition. Great switch......push on push off. Rotate it from very low lumens......(does light up a small room to see around).........probably run for days.......to high. Neet!! If you are a beam purist, not the light for you. It has been a favorite to my collection lookers.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

$149.00 -- now $119.00 shipped USA Paypal.

Last edited:

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
Re: Variable 4 cell mag light custom build

Does it include batteries? Does it use 4 size D ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jvvjvv

Enlightened

Rafael.......sorry, no batteries. Yes....4 D cells.

Jack

Last edited:

Jvvjvv

Enlightened

I took it out tonight, first time in a long, long time. High does light up the whole back yard. Certainly bright enough with very good throw.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

That looks like a VaraPower SST-90. These were among the first LEDs bonded directly to copper.

They do produce about 15A at the tailcap if you run 4D NiMH cells through it and generate about 2500 real out the front lumens. The control knob with Fet driver is key to keeping those 15A from melting the tailcap and run cool.

At $149 its a very cool price.

best,
bigC

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened

I have a Varapower from the 2nd. gen. I think there were only 3 versions, this one should be 2nd. or 3rd. version. They are great lights, and the price is about half of what they cost originaly. Super bright!!! but can also be used at very low power.
Their build is very solid!! And mine has proven to be very reliable over the years.

Jvvjvv

Enlightened

BigC.......thanks, I was hoping someone would chime in with description info. CPF is a great site!!!

Jvvjvv

Enlightened

Can't believe no one want this old part history light. Price drop $109.00 great carrying case.
shipped and Paypaled

Last edited:

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
Re: Variable 4 cell mag light custom build PRICE DROP mag history

another price drop......

Fresh Light

Enlightened

I'll take it man. I don't have one of these in the 4D size. PM me your info and I'll get you paid.

Fresh Light

Enlightened

Hey is this the light that you bought from VOB? That one has the round SST-70. Wasn't sure since the one in the pics above appears to be the SST-90.

Jvvjvv

Enlightened

Yes.....I got from VOB, not sure of the model # or led

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Light received. Really really nice shape. The led is indeed round and is a Luminous SBT 70. Really happy with this light.