MecArmy's new rechargeable batteries.

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
So I was searching MecArmy reviews when I ran into this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Rsij__qKA

I don't understand a lot of what was said but I do know that they now have rechargeable batteries that have built in chargers. (It's right after a minute ten on the vid.)

If this is old news call me a newb but I have never seen that and I thought it was very cool. :D

Thoughts?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of flashlights have internal chargers. If you can replace the 'cheap cells' with a quality one, you're better off. If you can measure the voltage and 'know' how that cell is being charged (properly,) you're even more 'better off.'

Chris

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
Lots of flashlights have internal chargers. If you can replace the 'cheap cells' with a quality one, you're better off. If you can measure the voltage and 'know' how that cell is being charged (properly,) you're even more 'better off.'

Chris

Yes I have several flashlights with internal chargers.

This is different. The battery itself has a micro usb port for charging.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have several flashlights with internal chargers.

This is different. The battery itself has a micro usb port for charging.

I see and didn't watch the video entirely.

I stay away from proprietary batteries, if at all possible.

Anyhow...

Chris

teacher

Newly Enlightened
So I was searching MecArmy reviews when I ran into this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Rsij__qKA
I don't understand a lot of what was said but I do know that they now have rechargeable batteries that have built in chargers. (It's right after a minute ten on the vid.)
If this is old news call me a newb but I have never seen that and I thought it was very cool. :D
Thoughts?
Hmmm, I've never seen that either 'Heavy'. :confused: It is kinda interesting / cool. :)
But my thoughts are it is just another 'gimmick' designed to sell something. For me I see no practical advantage at this time.
But thanks for sharing the info & video... :thumbsup: It does make me wonder how it all works & compares to a regular Li-ion 18650.....