Fenix rc40 2016 edition (6000lm) vs nitecore tm26gt vs nitecore tm36

Milesfrazier

Newly Enlightened
Im getting ready to buy a flashlight for night hiking and camping. I want something that throws a massive a mount of light as far as possible and has a pretty decent battery life. I was debating between the nitecore tm26gt, tm36, tm16gt and the fenix rc40 2016 model. Im also open to any other recommendations. My price range is anything under $600.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Throw as far as possible" and "massive amount of light" are hard to do at the same time. The furthest throwers are not the most massive light producers.

The most massive light producers are not the furthest throwers.

I like the rifle cartridge analogy. The most up front shut down power has the worst range, and the best long distance range choice has not good up front shut down power.

All of those lights that you mentioned are very nice. Please check out what Olight and Acebeam have to offer in this arena, and then select what best fits your desired specs.

:welcome:

Milesfrazier

Newly Enlightened
Wow thanks i cant believe how quickly you responded. Ive looked at the acebeam x60m and didnt see much from olight that interested me. Which would you recommend between the rx40 and the tm26gt as far as distance and quality? I know the rc40 has a distance thats roughly 30 meters further but from the videos ive watched im getting mixed impressions. Thanks.

Milesfrazier

Newly Enlightened
My appologies i mean rc40 not rx40. And is there anyway to tell if the claimed lumen and candella power is actually accurate??

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome. Acebeam K60 comes to mind. I have seen many glowing reports and many killer beamshots for this item.

Oliight SR96 also comes to mind.

The Fenix RC40 will have more lumens than the TM26GT.

Best bet is to search on-line reviews.