New Guy, how to convert my Surefire E2D incandescent to LED

Arquebus12

Newly Enlightened
Hello, All... I'm new, and in the process of converting a very trustworthy Surefire E2D Executive Defender over to LED from incandescent. My scant research has pointed me towards CandlePowerForums several times, and I'm interested in perhaps picking up one of Tana's pieces. So far, my post count is too low to access him directly, so this is a general solicitation for any input on what my options and considerations should be.

All input gratefully accepted. Have a great weekend...

Best,

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory has one drop in, the E1 Led, that will go directly into your E2D. Their other ones require that you use their head instead of the original. It will not work with two primary cells, but can be used in an E2D with a single Li-Ion cell.

Also, Welcome to CPF! :welcome:

dss_777

Enlightened
I am pleased with my VME Malkoff Valiant Concepts Head which allows use of the Malkoff dropin of your choice. Single output at various levels, or the three-level M361-LMH Low-Med-High in neutral, comes to mind.

Expensive, compared to a single dropin, but makes a good light great, IMO.

scout24

Flashaholic
Member Tana, in the Custom and Modified section of the Buy/Sell/Trade area also offers his SingLed take on a dropin. Choice of emitters, driver, voltage levels and outputs. A bit more money, but another option.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I upgraded my E2 and E1 with the Lumens Factory drop ins. Tana has some awesome stuff and they're definitely brighter than the LF option. That being said I never really need to blast more than 200-3-- lumens out of my E1 at any given time.