Arc4 with 2X123...pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan C

Enlightened
If anybody's wondering here is what the Arc4 will look like with the 2x123 pack. I made it tonight, I might do a 2aa pack but I already have several Arc LS's running that way...
arc41.jpg

arc42.jpg

Dan C

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

man, that does look attractive!

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does it look longer than it should? Shouldn't it add only about an inch to the original length or is it just deceiving to the eye?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well a 123 is well over an inch as it is, so i'd guess that adding an inch wouldn't work too well...

compared to the e2e, it's downright tiney! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
That certainly looks like a "KEEPER"!! I've got to admit that I've not kept up with the hundreds of posts, but is it compatible with 6 volts? The AA would be a necessisity if Peter doesn't produce it.

Please, if a list starts - I'm in!!

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan C.:

Since I have a 10" lathe, I can do that too! I don't have my Arc4+ yet, so what's the thread size?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a tailstanding endcap? It 'looks' Like it would be easy enough to do, as the switch doesnt need any kind of mounting.

jtice

Flashaholic
WOW, that looks REALLY GOOD !!!!

I hope Peters version is exactly like that!

Excellent work. Looks very professional.

BigWonton

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
the arc4 can run on 6 volts?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Arc 4+ page, the specs are listed as "Voltage range: 2.0V to 6.75V".

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
From the ARC4 advanced instructions:

Supported battery configurations - the numbers in parenthesis are the
nominal open terminal voltage:
Primary cells - non-rechargeable:
• Li-SO2: 1 cell (3.0V), 2 cells (6V)
• Li-MnO2: 1 cell (3.2V), 2 cells (6.4V)
• Li-SOCl2: 1 cell (3.6V)
• Alkaline: 2 cells (3.3V), 4 cells (6.6V)
Secondary cells - rechargeable:
• NiCad: 2 cells (2.5V), 3 cells (3.75V), 4 cells (5V), 5 cells (6.25V)
• NiMH: 2 cells (2.6V), 3 cells (3.9V), 4 cells (5.2V), 5 cells (6.5V)
• Li-ion/polymer: 1 cell (4.2V)

Me wants one too! Very nice.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks...that's great news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i've always prefered the form factor of a 2x123 light. i'm not sure if i'm the only one, but i've always felt 1x123 lights like the arc LS or surefire E1e are too short to use comfortably.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
That came out real nice. Maybe you can fab a tailswitch as well... You might be able to have a little side business and make these FOR Arc so they can resell them.

Just some thoughts.

Dan C

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wptski said:
Dan C.:

Since I have a 10" lathe, I can do that too! I don't have my Arc4+ yet, so what's the thread size?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, the major thread diameter at the head is .932", and .808" at the tailcap. Pitch is 32 tpi. With your compound set at 29°, go in to a depth of about .012" and with a .001" cleanup cut on the cross slide you'll be close to there.

A tailcap wouldn't be much trouble, but at this time a 'tailstander' isn't a need I have. I may do one similar to one of the excellent pictures I saw (how does he DO that??), like the present LS with the milled and drilled recess for a lanyard attachment, extended back to shroud the button. Looks like there is enough meat there.....

I'm not planning on making more of these, too dang time consuming with my primitive tooling. Peter will probably have something available soon that's even better...

Dan C

Status
Not open for further replies.