NEW NITECORE MH27UV!!!

blakegill66

Newly Enlightened
Just heard they announced the UV version of the MH27. Everything is the same except the green led is changed to UV. Price also stayed the same. I think I want one!!!

Anyone would be be interested in a group buy? 25 people and we can get them.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dammit, just when I thought I needed no more... They should have made this one to begin with. I wonder if it still has that police mode.

I might be interested depending on the price.

Vothelo

Newly Enlightened
Count me in for a group buy. I was thinking about picking up a second MH27 for the car anyways.

Vothelo

Newly Enlightened
Just realized, this would make the 5th time this year I've said "this is my last light for a while". And to think I just received another Zebralight today. Pathetic that I only lasted hours before getting suckered into another light...oh well.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
4wJ6L6M.jpg

What interests me is what they are doing with a 1944 Battle-of-the-Bulge map of Bastogne?:thinking:

</OTT>
I like the up/down mode buttons, would make mode switching a lot nicer only many lights. (though this of course applies to the regular MH27 as well)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
love the UV addition! Cannot stand the police strobe it literally has no purpose. Had the MH27 since it came out and its an amazing light. Now if NC would only invest in some NW XP-L HI V2 emitters and start stuffing them in some of their lights especially this one Id buy it all over again.

rs4ever

Newly Enlightened
Just received my MH27UV. The UV led is not true 365nm. Cannot check new USD$100 bills like my CU6. Red security line does not florescence.
CA DL does not florescence a green DOB, hidden photo florescence but not as colorful as with the CU6.

It looks more like a 395nm UV LED. A very good 395nm UV LED since I cannot actually see much visible light, only the reflection/florescence.

Should have waited for a review first! lol..

Last edited:

Duramarks

Newly Enlightened
That stinks. What is 395nm used for anyway? I have a Eagtac D25aaa uv but I think it is pretty useless since its not 365nm.

FMKeith

Newly Enlightened
After that news I think I will wait for MH27UV V2 to come out. Haha.

rs4ever

Newly Enlightened
I have both MH20GT and the MH27UV

The hot spot on the MH27UV looks dimmer and smaller than the MH20GT which doesn't make sense based on the specs.
It has a deeper reflector and a bigger head so MH27UV should have better throw.

I do not have a Lux meter but have a Sekonic photographic meter that reads EV.

The MH27UV has a lower EV at ~2ft than the MH20GT.

MH27UV reads 15.0EV max and the MH20GT reads 15.3EV which confirms what I see.

Thought it may be the battery so I swapped the NL189 batteries between the 2 lights and produces the same result.

If we use Lux = 2.5 × 2^EV.

Then we get:

MH27UV = 15EV @ 2FT = 81920 lux => 30442 cd
MH20GT = 15.3EV @ 2FT = 108094 lux => 37478 cd

These are relative numbers since the test is done under constant room light.

Later on tonight I'll test at my backyard to compare real-world throw.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loosk like they are using the same 500mW UV LED in the tube UV as the MH27UV. In that case you'll get the same result as me.

There is also a small possibility that the MH27UV I received got a wrong UV LED? I doubt that but something to keep in mind.

You may try to file a return, I guess.