Surefire E series tailcap retaining ring?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello! I was just wondering if there are any available retaining rings for e series tailcaps?
I understand that the original twisty do not has that & McClicky switches are direct replacements without any extra parts.

And also, any e series tailcaps should fit into any e series battery tubes right?
Like how all Z41 tailcaps are interchangeable between the C/P/G series..

Thank you!
Cheers
KangJon

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E-Series tails are more problematic than the C-Series.

Image shamelessly taken from Oveready's website
241t89i.jpg

It doesn't show the older E tailcap, I don't know what model number it is. The Z58 is the clicky version, correct?

Here's a tear-down I did recently. Don't know the model number of this one either, it's got the groove for a lanyard ring.
2014-11-22%2012.43.37.jpg

Vesture Of Blood did some machining of the standard McClicky, he offered some recently and i've picked up a couple. Haven't yet tried them out, but will report back.

*edit, I found an old post that has some more info. Still no model number for the series with the lanyard ring.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?64308-FAQ-E-Series-Compatible-Parts

E-series%20model%20numbers.jpg

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
If your asking for retaining rings, I have a bag of then somewhere taken from new e clickys. Drop me a line for some.