Useful X1 mod.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I kinda boogered up the lense end of my X1 getting it apart. But I replaced the lense with a piece of flat plastic with an O-ring to take up the extra room.

Of course it doesn't "throw" as good as it did, but now at about 10" it lights up my hand, not just a bit of my palm.

I like it about 100% better this way!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I just did compare it to my ARC AAA and my Infinity Ultra.

It is brighter at a farther distance than either one, and has a very nice beam with soft edges and NO rings or artifacts!

I hope Inova people read this!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It wasn't pretty onelight!

I used two pairs of pliers (Channel Lock type). I twisted the front ring, thinking it unscrewed. Actually lots of tension and an oring seem to hold the light assembly in.

You would NOT want to push it out from the inside!!! There is a rather wimpy looking circuit board with the LED attached just behind that assembly!

The body of my light has scars, and the "head" of it is fugly. But it works enough better (IMHO) that I can live with it!

onelight

Enlightened
Thanks for the help Playboy, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The spot of the X1 has impressive throw for a 5mm, but does limit its use as a task light.

Canuke

Enlightened
cool. now how about a fix for the switch? the tailcap on mine is intermittent as hell, and now it's getting that way when in constant/on mode too. Pity, as while it's not my most practical light, I would have loved to have it as a miniature searchlight when I was a kid.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip PBJS. I may have one coming and I've been wondering how to make the light more useful.

Wilkey

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
ALWAYS glad to help!

Who knows? It may be paid back to me in some way some day!

As to switch function, I have had no problems, but perhaps hosing it down with 'Deoxit' (It is spelled something like that - and I don't know where to get it) would help?