Looking for info/help modding a SF G2ZX

LostInTheDark

Newly Enlightened
I bought a g2zx combat light with doing a couple mods in mind. But with the plastic body I'm not sure how or if you can.

1. I have a couple 18650 batteries and was hoping I could use them. The plastic body has a tin liner in it and I think if it was removed the 18650 might fit. Is there a way to get it out? Or is putting a 18650 in the g2zx possible?

2. I want to put a mcclicky switch in it. The instructions say to hit the center of the button with a small punch. Is that ok with the plastic tail cap and how you do it?

3. What is the tail cap style? Is it z41?

4. Are there other mods that should/could be done to a g2zx?

thanks in advance.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650s are a NO Go.
The liner conducts current, so you are stuck with 16 or 17mm cells. A 16650 would work great in your light.

Not sure about the Mclicky though.

LostInTheDark

Newly Enlightened
18650s are a NO Go.
The liner conducts current, so you are stuck with 16 or 17mm cells.

Yeah I guess the plastic body needs some way of completing the circuit. Lol.

I have seen a couple derlin tail caps with mclicky switches already installed that said they were for plastic body surefires but I don't like them better than the factory tail cap.

LostInTheDark

Newly Enlightened
Also does anyone know if/how you can remove the head from the plastic bodies surefires like my g2zx?

msim

Enlightened
They have thread lock in the head. You can heat it up to some temperature I don't know off hand or use a couple strap wrenches. That's how I separated mine... a little brute force.